The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nae bother, I'll expend time scouring highlights and post them here where you will then just use your entrenched view that your shite goalkeeper was having an off day or it was just one mistake. Aye right. 

I reckon the people best placed to say how good Scully was for Dunfermline, would be the people that watched him the most. I'm not sure how much you watched us outwith when we were beating Ayr right enough. 

We had plenty shite players during his time, there's literally not a reason for any fan to make out he was better than he was. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ryan Scully is pish.

It’s fairly straightforward stuff.

Be a bit like me saying Ross Doohan is pish because he throws one in every times he's on TV. 

How's that? Does he just save his flappy hands for whenever the TV crews come along right? 

You’d be wrong in saying Ross Doohan is pish. You’d also be wrong in saying that every time he’s on TV he gives a goal away. There’s been plenty of televised games where he’s made no mistakes.

I’ve seen enough of Ryan Scully to know he’s shite. In fact, Morton fans will also tell you he’s shite and the majority of Dunfermline fans were crying out for a new GK in January because of how shite Scully is.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Both are shite. Scully just happens to be more shite hence how his future in the game is on a downward spiral.

f**k up Jack Hamilton

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I mind Gilly scored from our half against Scuddy and Moff took the ball round him and scored into a more empty net in the same game

Surprised you don't remember the weather conditions from that game which helped to that goal. 

Are you insinuating that taking the ball around the goalkeeper makes one bad? Fair grasping at those straws there. 

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d be wrong in saying Ross Doohan is pish. You’d also be wrong in saying that every time he’s on TV he gives a goal away. There’s been plenty of televised games where he’s made no mistakes.

I’ve seen enough of Ryan Scully to know he’s shite. In fact, Morton fans will also tell you he’s shite and the majority of Dunfermline fans were crying out for a new GK in January because of how shite Scully is.

There's been some televised games where he hasn't, there's also been plenty where he has. 

This whole conversation isn't about whether Scully is shite now, absolutely no one is disputing that he's regressed massively, that was the point. The point was that Scully was very, very good for Dunfermline for a couple of seasons in his early twenties, itzdrk seems to reckon he was always awful based on *checks notes* A freak goal in awful weather conditions and getting rounded by a striker. 

By the same logic I'm surprised he wasn't carting Doohan off to the glue factory after he had that howler against that shocking Falkirk side. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Nae bother, I'll expend time scouring highlights and post them here where you will then just use your entrenched view that your shite goalkeeper was having an off day or it was just one mistake. Aye right. 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would Dunfermline be happy to take Ross Doohan as their first choice keeper this season? Yes.

Would Ayr be happy to take Ryan Scully as their first choice keeper this season? No.

End of discussion. 

That wasn't a discussion anyone was having, nice of you to end it though. 

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Reply guy is predictable if nothing else. 

You must've known it was a nonsensical point so got that in early, smart. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really glad I brought up Ryan Scully. Has resulted in some excellent afternoon conversation. 

Bit like when I brought up Declan McManus.  These Dunfermline fans operate on a hair trigger.