The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, diege said:

Calm down for goodness sake, we not an entire 5 or 6weeks before our first competitive fixture? Plenty of time to get the knickers wet

No knicker wetting here. We’ve actually signed more than a lot of teams in the league.

Im just arguing that us not training last week and training elsewhere this week shouldn’t lead to a delay in signings being announced. 

I think also that loans are a bit more complicated to complete when you’re trying to finalise things like how much of the wages the parent club will be covering, whether they’ll be conditions for his playing time and also if the player is from down South then they’ll need to get their accommodation sorted.

Was there not also the issue of no one being at Somerset for the last few days because of the work being done. If everything is signed there then that’s probably another hold up.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

I don't think that's what Robbo was suggesting. They haven't been training in Ayr this week therefore the manager and players have been nowhere near Somerset. That doesn't mean the groundwork hasn't been done.

I’m neither here nor there with it at the moment, they’ll sign when they sign. However surely if a player has said he’s ready to commit, it’s actually a bit tin pot if we’re saying sorry, but we can’t get the contract signed until we’re in Ayr and at Somerset. Surely other coaches can take training while Kerr sorts out new players? That would only put players off IMO. 

Given we've sold around 350-400 season tickets and corporate sponsorship is likely to be much lower this season I'm surprised we're still full time. That goes for most of the Championship clubs. 

Sponsorship is going to be an extremely hard sell if at any time during the season the curtain could be pulled down by those that think they know best.

I’ve just released Reece Cole is a free agent after he was released from Brentford. I thought it would of been a loan deal. 

Aye he was released and went on trial with Swindon but didn’t sign.

51 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m neither here nor there with it at the moment, they’ll sign when they sign. However surely if a player has said he’s ready to commit, it’s actually a bit tin pot if we’re saying sorry, but we can’t get the contract signed until we’re in Ayr and at Somerset. Surely other coaches can take training while Kerr sorts out new players? That would only put players off IMO. 

Deals are done  venally , signings announced when paperwork completed , not want any Mauruce Johnson scenarios 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So what’s the hold up with the paperwork? 

If there’s a gap between verbal agreement and doing the paperwork, there’s always a danger of someone nipping in with a late offer as well.  
With due respect to the “in the know” posters, it might be better to keep schtum until the club is ready to announce something - people have been trailing signings for days now, which makes it seem as though there is a problem when there probably isn’t (or at least no bigger a problem than most other clubs are facing).

Could be reece cole coming up on a permanent deal cause he'll have been living in accommodation down south which he'll need to sort out before coming up.

Never know the player has possibly been training with us this week

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. You weren't training at Somerset Park when you signed Patrick Reading (who almost certainly didn't do so in Scotland, never mind at Somerset), Dario Zanatta, Tom Walsh or Michael Miller either.

It's far more likely as I hinted a week or two back that with the Govt genuinely threatening to pull the rug out from Scottish football Ayr paused on adding to commitments until there was a little more certainty. And rightly so. I think all clubs pretty much did.

Patrick Reading signed at Somerset Park, he was in the club shop the same day he signed. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Patrick Reading signed at Somerset Park, he was in the club shop the same day he signed. 

As was Michael Miller and Tom Walsh , Zanatta also signed his papers in the Somerset Office a couple of days before announcing, 

Edited by Robbo63

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. You weren't training at Somerset Park when you signed Patrick Reading (who almost certainly didn't do so in Scotland, never mind at Somerset), Dario Zanatta, Tom Walsh or Michael Miller either.

It's far more likely as I hinted a week or two back that with the Govt genuinely threatening to pull the rug out from Scottish football Ayr paused on adding to commitments until there was a little more certainty. And rightly so. I think all clubs pretty much did.

Reading, Walsh and Miller on day they were announced as signing 

A92BCE2A-6977-40FF-A45E-E296B148D576.png

E0B8DFD7-0C2F-4458-B660-CB5398473D72.png

Am I the only one that’s not really fussed about us not actually signing anyone?

If we had a full squad ready to go with 4 or 5 weeks before the first game we’d be sitting around twiddling our thumbs. At least this keeps it interesting.

48 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

As was Michael Miller and Tom Walsh , Zanatta also signed his papers in the Somerset Office a couple of days before announcing, 

34 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Reading, Walsh and Miller on day they were announced as signing 

A92BCE2A-6977-40FF-A45E-E296B148D576.png

E0B8DFD7-0C2F-4458-B660-CB5398473D72.png

Not really sure what this is designed prove? You are making my point for me. Other than Reading (who I assumed wrongly was probably still down South when he was signed) I never said they weren't at Somerset Park. I pointed out you weren't TRAINING there at the time and it didn't preclude them signing. Not training there this week equally doesn't prevent you signing players there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter