The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
4 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Im not trying to be a dick, just thought it was amusing someone claiming to be ITK (not Robbo) was so wrong.
I dont know how much of the info is public, so I dont want to go into details
ETA - Im sure you can read between the lines though

It just comes naturally to you

Aw shucks :wub:

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I do know, yes.

Im not trying to be a dick, just thought it was amusing someone claiming to be ITK (not Robbo) was so wrong.

I dont know how much of the info is public, so I dont want to go into details

ETA - Im sure you can read between the lines though

:lol:

As Premiership clubs are offering PPV to non-season ticket holders, it's clearly not a  SPFL rule that only season ticket holders can get access to streaming. Some clubs may choose to only make it available to season ticket holders in order to encourage sales- which is presumably the same reason no clubs are saying anything about PPV just now - and if it's a televised game only season ticket holders will be allowed, but there'd be absolutely no logic in making this against the rules for the lower leagues when it's allowed for the Premiership.

44 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

What possible reason could Ayr have for leaking information that only season ticket holders will get access to streaming? This is an outrageous suggestion but could it possibly be to shift as many season tickets as possible before announcing at the last minute it will be available on ppv? 😱

Ayr have not leaked any  information that only season ticket holders will get the games , they have stated if you buy a season ticket and games were streamed your ticket would cover the stream , which is totally different to what you are trying to say , no club in the Championship has announced that there will be a PPV option yet , but things could change  at anytime 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

What possible reason could Ayr have for leaking information that only season ticket holders will get access to streaming? This is an outrageous suggestion but could it possibly be to shift as many season tickets as possible before announcing at the last minute it will be available on ppv? 😱

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

As Premiership clubs are offering PPV to non-season ticket holders, it's clearly not a  SPFL rule that only season ticket holders can get access to streaming. Some clubs may choose to only make it available to season ticket holders in order to encourage sales- which is presumably the same reason no clubs are saying anything about PPV just now - and if it's a televised game only season ticket holders will be allowed, but there'd be absolutely no logic in making this against the rules for the lower leagues when it's allowed for the Premiership.

Ayr haven't leaked anything that every other club hasn't said and if Falkirk have said differently they are wrong. As things stand right this second there IS a rule that you can't live stream matches in the UK at all. That's still a rule. However, whilst coronavirus attendance restrictions exist the JRG has issued guidance that overrules that rule. What that actually says at the moment is that ALL SPFL clubs (Premiership or otherwise) can stream ALL their home matches live to their season ticket holders ONLY.  And that's what lower division clubs are currently promising to their fans because it's all that's guaranteed.

Premiership clubs have also been allowed to sell individual home matches on a PPV basis ONLY if the match isn't being covered live on Sky. If it's live on Sky there's no PPV streaming allowed (except abroad which always was allowed). They are also not obliged to offer PPV. Hibs certainly didn't in the opening week much to the annoyance of Kilmarnock fans who couldn't pay to see their game as a result. I don't know if they are now doing so or if it's still unavailable.

It is generally presumed that lower division clubs will be allowed to do the same but has not been publicly confirmed yet. I think it's fair to say both that a number of fans don't appreciate that as it stands there is no guarantee a non season ticket holder in the UK will be able to buy a stream (see our Falkirk fan above) and that those who do appreciate it, still expect (quite rightly) that it will be allowed and therefore haven't been any more motivated to sort out a season ticket than they usually would be.

There has been additional guidance issued to clubs this morning about all of this but it's not in the public domain yet. Clearly Mr X has read it but Robbo hasnt. I'm not sticking it in the public domain either though.

20 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

On season tickets we are doing well against our fan base and based on last seasons figures , I would not be focusing on other clubs sales , went on sale in July when furlough allowed the person to return part time to set the system up , could not set up May or June as no one  was working 

My first reaction was to be totally shocked at having around 400 season tickets sold. 

I suppose its the old chicken and egg scenario but for a full time club in the second top league of the country, it's not great. However you want to dress it up. 

Depends on what you see the floor and ceiling of the club as being.

Disappointingly and alarmingly, maybe that's what we've become over not so many years. 

Its only natural that people will draw comparisons with the sales figures of "similarly" sized clubs. Hopefully the club are doing the same. 

Reality check of what we probably now are. 

25 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'm not sure I would draw the same conclusion. Robbo has pointed out that we have sold 4 1/2 times as many as we did last year at this stage of pre-season . 

4.5 times of not worth talking about, still isn't much. 

In the bigger picture of where the world is and the amount of supporters we've clearly lost over the years, should be deeply worrying to anyone who cares about the club. 

Not somehow celebrated. 

I'm hoping it's been giving headaches in the boardroom long before David Smith came in with a vision that drags us out of the 80s and onto the coat tails of our peers. 

But somehow I doubt it. 

I think having sold 400 6 weeks or so out form the start of the season, when there are no guarantee's you will actually get into the ground to watch any of the games is not too bad. In fact there is no guarantee the games will actually start in October at the moment. Its commendable that other clubs fans have bought early, but as has been pointed out the majority of Ayr fans historicaly dont buy until closer to the season starting, so you cant compare others sales until the season starts

Rovers pulled similar if not slightly better home crowds than us last season despite being a league below. They also have the added impact of just having won a league title and probably a bit of siege mentality after having to fight for it at arbitration.

It’s not a surprise that they’re outselling us, as far as I can remember they’ve always had better attendances while playing at the same level as us.

Having said all that I do think our crowds have been underwhelming considering how well we’ve done the past two seasons. Even during our purple patch at the start of the 18/19 season we weren’t pulling in much more than 2,000

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That's the line the Premiership clubs took up until a week prior to their first home match (not on Sky) when they then announced how to watch via PPV. 

Pretty much this.

Celtic are the only club who arent offering PPV, yet nobody confirmed a PPV option until the build up to the first round of games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much this.

Celtic are the only club who arent offering PPV, yet nobody confirmed a PPV option until the build up to the first round of games.

.....because they were not allowed to. It's not an individual club decision to do it (it can be an individual club decision not to do it of course).

I didn't realise Celtic were not doing PPV either. Are Hibs now doing it?

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't realise Celtic were not doing PPV either. Are Hibs now doing it?

I think Celtic had their first opportunity to do it at the weekend just gone? They claimed not doing PPV was to "protect their season ticket holders investment".

Believe Hibs were only doing the same for the first game, and will do PPV from now on, but im not sure thats been confirmed officially yet. Suppose Celtic might do the same.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think Celtic had their first opportunity to do it at the weekend just gone? They claimed not doing PPV was to "protect their season ticket holders investment".

Believe Hibs were only doing the same for the first game, and will do PPV from now on, but im not sure thats been confirmed officially yet. Suppose Celtic might do the same.

Of course I was forgetting Celtic's first home game was live on Sky and Hibs home game with Aberdeen was too. Was their home game with Motherwell live? If not did they sell PPV for it?

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was their home game with Motherwell live? If not did they sell PPV for it?

Thats the game I was on about, their first home game not on Sky was last weekend against Motherwell. They didnt sell PPV for it, stating they wanted to "protect their season ticket holders". Neither home or away fans in the UK could watch the match without a season ticket (ignoring IPTV/VPN use).

Edited by RandomGuy.