The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, North British said:

So after the roasting he got for signing three Morton boys you write this stuff . Sounds like  you ain’t gonna give Hopkin a chance huh ?

I've said before that Jacobs, Strapp (still under contract) and McAdams were the three Morton players from last seasons squad worthy of signing and I stand by that.

Even so, quite how suggesting another signing from the previous team Hopkin built isn't actually supporting him, only you can answer that. 

I do however still get seriously nervous about the recruitment process that's going on at the club but still hope that I'm proven wrong come the start of the season. 

59 minutes ago, North British said:

So after the roasting he got for signing three Morton boys you write this stuff . Sounds like  you ain’t gonna give Hopkin a chance huh ?

It’s not the fact he signed Morton players it’s more the Morton players he signed. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not the fact he signed Morton players it’s more the Morton players he signed. 

This, I don't mind signing players from a team finishing below us if it's their best players. I'm no sure we poached Morton's best players other than Fjørtoft (maybe?).

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

One being Sean fucking McGinty. 

Aye, is it not 2 out of 6 if you count the goalie? So it's 1/3rd of the 3rd best defence last season. Not sure that sounds as good tbf.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

One being Sean fucking McGinty. 

Only seen him 3 times , I will judge him in an Ayr strip not on 4 Morton fans who criticise nearly every player who has played for them , his last 5 managers have played him in nearly every game and 3 had him as captain ( he must be really shit !!!) 

Edited by Finlay21

Can't say I know much about McGinty, but I'm not sure I've seen a player so widely derided by so many different set of fans on here as him. Universal agreement on P & B is a worrying sign though

Edited by UpInTheAyr

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can't say I know much about McGinty, but I'm not sure I've seen a player so widely derided by so many different set of fans on here as him. Universal agreement on P $ B is a worrying sign though

Checking Morton forum it seems to be the same 4 guys who post on here that do the moaning , Ayr fans must be going on what they say as I don’t believe many have seen him play many times , he was not at fault for any goal we scored against Morton last season , just think he should be judged on how he plays for us ,  writing him off before kicking a ball is quite strange I think , I think I will go on what previous managers thought of him than some random forum posters , until I see how he performs, but each to their own 

Edited by Finlay21

16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Checking Morton forum it seems to be the same 4 guys who post on here that do the moaning , Ayr fans must be going on what they say as I don’t believe many have seen him play many times , he was not at fault for any goal we scored against Morton last season , just think he should be judged on how he plays for us ,  writing him off before kicking a ball is quite strange I think , I think I will go on what previous managers thought of him than some random forum posters , until I see how he performs, but each to their own 

There's a distinct difference between sceptism and writing someone off. It suits your narrative to assume the latter though.

Edited by Trogdor

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There's a distinct difference between sceptism and writing someone off. It suits your narrative to assume the latter though.

Scepticism, ? A fair number of fans on here and on SRE have written him off , but as I said each to their own 

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

First goal in the second game at Cappielow, find him in the highlights and keep your eyes on his positioning, absolutely redundant and part of the reason we get a miles free man in the box to score. 

Second goal same game he, isn't too sold by McCowans back heel but due to this when all the other defenders react to try and stop the ball on the edge he is fairly stationary meaning by the time the ball breaks right he's only just starting to move and his reading of the situation was so slow he can't offer any defence to the shot. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Only seen him 3 times , I will judge him in an Ayr strip not on 4 Morton fans who criticise nearly every player who has played for them , his last 5 managers have played him in nearly every game and 3 had him as captain ( he must be really shit !!!) 

Aero suffered a similar fate from the Falkirk key board warriors and even LS took some stick from numpty fans from Morton . These boys Hoppy has brought in deserve a chance . Some Ayr fans need to look at the bigger picture of where we are and how much we have to spend on the project in the very first summer . 

Some more new players coming in this week , I’m bracing myself for more crap from our fans ....

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sean McGinty is rank rotten and should not under any circumstances be playing at this level. To say otherwise is just wrong.

Yeah, I'm loving the idea that not rating McGinty is restricted to four Morton fans.

The reality is that most folks will be sceptical given his reputation until we say him play. 

I'm actually hoping he might be an upgrade on Baird (who is one of the worst defenders we have had at this level - that is not hyperbole). 

Also with Duffy on board and his ability to coach defenders, there may actually be cause for optimism wrt. our defence. 

Who knows? Let's get the signing news announced because there's only so much we can talk about with the current players signed up.