The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Went over a grand for Todorov ,so bit far fetched to claim financial difficulties 

Maybe we’re paying McGinty 3 grand a week.  Otherwise I’m puzzled as to where the increased budget has gone.  Can only hope we have at least 4 quality signings to come over the next week or 2.  (My turn to clutch at straws).

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Maybe we’re paying McGinty 3 grand a week.  Otherwise I’m puzzled as to where the increased budget has gone.  Can only hope we have at least 4 quality signings to come over the next week or 2.  (My turn to clutch at straws).

Certainly poor show for current squad and lack of numbers, club/management definitely need to up their game because this is ominous, although certainly repairable with some decent signings...not inspiring or good enough. 

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

Murdoch has gone at championship level as has Moffat, Miller never that level and I don't get it with McKenzie 

Think McKenzie needs time in league 1 to develop to be honest. Can't see him playing week in week out once we have a full squad signed.

You can't judge a team on the first game of the season so I won't. 

I'll judge it on the last 15 games, we have been dreadful, Brought in players that didn't make us better, lost two players that DID make us better, one mid-season.

We have signed more new players, still do the same things and still get beat in the cup by a lower league team. 

By the end of September we will have played all our cup games and 7 league games, 4 at home and 3 away. if we are in the bottom 3 by the end of September then changes need to be made. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I said before the game we need at least 3 staters. Now I’d say it’s 6 or 7. 

To be fair, six of today’s team shouldn’t be starting come the first game of the season. If any more than one or two are, then it’s an absolute shambles. 

Probably can't fault the players for effort but good grief that was eye-bleedingly shite to watch. Zero creativity in midfield and little effective support for Adeloye. Moffat probably makes a difference dropping to link the play but we're not even going to try and play like that, are we?

We have 1 point after our first game 😩

14 teams have 0 points 😁

Performance was poor 😩

We have a few players to come in and 4 new signings to be made 😁

Other than that, we wait and see how Tuesday goes.

I don’t think for a minute the powers that be will suffer poor displays and results for any length of time.

These cup games will only serve as proper pre-season but, as has been said, if we are bottom 3 of the league after a few games, and have been turgid in the cup games, I don’t think Hopkin will still be around.  I really hope for his sake, the clubs, and ours that he can turn this around somehow - but with each passing day, he is giving himself a higher mountain to climb with the support at least. 

Bring on Tuesday night - can’t wait to get back in to Somerset!