The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t disagree with you ,just saying that first round of games should be the maximum time he is given , if we lose first 3/4 games then a decision may be needed then , 

3/4 games jesus christ we going to turn into the hire/fire style of club like Watford who seem to replace their managers every year...

Got a feeling we will see a better performance on Tuesday. Think the players / management could be in for a bit of a shock just how much noise 500 fans can make inside Somerset.  Start playing like that and I give it 3-4 mins before the abuse starts to escalate.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Works for them

True but they've got millionaire owners who can afford to sustain a business model like that, you can't at this level as to sack a manager on the spot early in the season you'd likely have to give him his whole seasons salary in a lump sum to get rid of him.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

3/4 games jesus christ we going to turn into the hire/fire style of club like Watford who seem to replace their managers every year...

It’s not 3/4 games though is it? He had a decent chunk of the season last year as well. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's not exactly knee jerk. He managed 11 games last season. 3/4 games into the league season he'll have had 18 games in charge (including the League Cup)

His record currently stands at played 12 W2 D6 L4. 

He needs to bring in 4 quality players pronto. Otherwise its looking odds on that he'll be sacked by end of September.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

True but they've got millionaire owners who can afford to sustain a business model like that, you can't at this level as to sack a manager on the spot early in the season you'd likely have to give him his whole seasons salary in a lump sum to get rid of him.

Should have been a get out clause at the end of the season imo

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Got a feeling we will see a better performance on Tuesday. Think the players / management could be in for a bit of a shock just how much noise 500 fans can make inside Somerset.  Start playing like that and I give it 3-4 mins before the abuse starts to escalate.

I'm gonna try and hold it together until half time otherwise I'd likely lose my voice. I'm out of practice at yelling at the referee for 90 mins. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I honestly think mark Kerr was the better of the two managers at this point. At least he put an Albion rovers team to the sword last season 

We had better players last season. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not 3/4 games though is it? He had a decent chunk of the season last year as well. 

If the mindset behind the scenes is of only giving him 3/4 games into a new season then it would just make us look stupid for not chucking him over the summer as it would make the club look like they didn't have faith in him at the end of the season.

He'd get the first quarter at a minimum, no way he'd get chucked after 3/4 games, most clubs in this league delay the inevitable too in the hope that because with this whacky league out of nowhere your club can string together a few positive results out of nowehere and gain about 5 positions in the table as a result.

In no way am i Hopkin out but i'm not exactly in either, atm willing to give him time to see in the next month who he signs and then how it all gels together in the 1st quarter of the season, as others have said though if we get skudded by Killie live on TV to be mocked by all then straightaway the writing could be on the wall, probably the worst game to start off with.

If the time comes and the decision has to be made get John Hughes in, guy has literally begged for the job before and has put behind his horror show at Raith Rovers with having a blinder at Ross County in the premiership last season showing he has still got it.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We had better players last season.

And that is entirely the fault of Hopkin, who was given the chance to rebuild over the summer and fucked it up to the degree that Hartley's revolution at Falkirk looks like a tactical masterstroke.

[edit: this is unfair to Hartley, who did not f**k off on holiday and assume he'd have a team waiting for him when he got back.]

Edited by Thumper

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

And whose failure is that? 

Could go back to LC not giving Kerr an experienced assistant like Peter Houston instead he got given a laptop kids coach. If Kerr had someone like Houston alongside him i believe he'd probably be still there cause he had the right idea signing the right kind of players but for whatever reason all together they didn't click, which you can only presume was due to off field issues stemming back to that lack of experience on the training pitch, McCardle absolutely would be an asset as a 3rd coach with his tactical analysis studies but not as the assistant, was just missing the link in between the two of them IMO