The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Okay that's very clear and to the point . Any idea who the two are that Martindale was talking about on Saturday ,when he alluded to two players going out and loan .

Keaghan Jacobs is almost certainly one, and I imagine the boy we signed and loaned to Arbroath would be the other. We loaned Poplatnik out already too so could've been him as well. Only player left in the squad that I think won't be involved is him, the rest seem to have a place in the team. 

Jacobs has been out for over a year though, think it was a leg break in training. It's a similar situation to Lithgow and De Vita where guys that served the club well long term took a bad injury and struggled to get to the level they were at before. Previously though his job was just running about the midfield as a CM/CDM and just crunching folk and breaking the game up. Limited on the ball, scored a decent free kick a few seasons ago though but has a mistake in him when he's on the ball. 

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Keaghan Jacobs is almost certainly one, and I imagine the boy we signed and loaned to Arbroath would be the other. We loaned Poplatnik out already too so could've been him as well. Only player left in the squad that I think won't be involved is him, the rest seem to have a place in the team. 

Jacobs has been out for over a year though, think it was a leg break in training. It's a similar situation to Lithgow and De Vita where guys that served the club well long term took a bad injury and struggled to get to the level they were at before. Previously though his job was just running about the midfield as a CM/CDM and just crunching folk and breaking the game up. Limited on the ball, scored a decent free kick a few seasons ago though but has a mistake in him when he's on the ball. 

What sort of relationship do Martindale and Hopkin have? Are they still friendly? You’d think if they were we’d be a natural choice for a loan player or two from you. 

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sounds very like our own Ross Docherty ,who we lost to Thistle . The lad might be a good fit for Ayr if he has fully recovered . 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Craig Conway still hasn’t announced what he is doing yet. Could definitely add some creativity to our midfield 

He’d be as well on the north terrace watching the ball being booted over the midfield rather than on the park 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What sort of relationship do Martindale and Hopkin have? Are they still friendly? You’d think if they were we’d be a natural choice for a loan player or two from you. 

I think they have a good one, Hopkin tried to take Martindale to Bradford with him but he refused to leave us. 

The only issue I can see is that we don't loan good players or young prospects to full time sides. Pignatiello, Hamilton, Clark all went to part time sides so they could train with us full time during the week. I can't imagine Ayr would be likely to even agree to letting a player just play for them and train with us through the week. 

We loan out guys we don't think will be good enough for us just to run their contract down and get them off the wage bill. So guys like De Vita end up with Partick/Falkirk etc and can be a bit hit or miss depending on how they do. De Vita was coming back from a bad injury so in a similar situation to Jacobs at the moment. So basically, anyone we rate you probably wont get on loan. Poplatnik went to Raith as he probably isn't good enough for us and has 1 year left on his deal.

The three young boys above have all been at Arbroath, Pignatiello has been at Stranraer and now Dumbarton while Hamilton was at Berwick, East Fife, Alloa, Queen of the South and Arbroath.  The only way we'd loan you someone decent is if you've got a cracking player who's running out of contract and we use a 6 month loan to get them signed in January. 

29 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Sounds very like our own Ross Docherty ,who we lost to Thistle . The lad might be a good fit for Ayr if he has fully recovered . 

Pretty sure he's really good friends with Docherty as well from when he was at Livi.

He'd be a huge gamble for anyone to take as he could be absolutely miles off it. He's our record appearance holder and Livi fans are split over wanting him to stay out of sentimentality and seeing him out the door, he had his testimonial a while back as well.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Noticed someone on the SRE was calling for broadfoot and was disappointed that he was signing for Inverness 🤣🤣

Obviously didn't watch the play offs, embarrassing bad.....and a reptile 

27 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Or the game against us a few seasons ago

Agreed, I could accept most ex vermin players tbf ,I actually wanted big Boyd a couple of seasons back, but I couldn't face that clown, definitely a hindrance to ICT