The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

My ex partner is double jagged and got covid and had all the breathing difficulty etc you'd expect if you aren't jagged at all.  Remember the vaccine is not 100% effective and no guarantees against new strains. 

So she wasn’t hospitalised hence showing the vaccine is doing it’s job. The vaccine has been effective against all the new strains so far and no evidence to suggest this won’t be the case with others.  

51 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So she wasn’t hospitalised hence showing the vaccine is doing it’s job. The vaccine has been effective against all the new strains so far and no evidence to suggest this won’t be the case with others.  

She was fairly close to having to go in so I'm no exactly buying what you say, they are working to the extent that deaths are down but people can still get very very ill and we have no idea of the long term effects are for those who had it (if any).  Very short sighted. 

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

She was fairly close to having to go in so I'm no exactly buying what you say, they are working to the extent that deaths are down but people can still get very very ill and we have no idea of the long term effects are for those who had it (if any).  Very short sighted. 

So what is your solution? Lockdown forever just incase? 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Deaths are down to single figures per day and in some days zero. The whole point of it was to lower the death rate. 

The goalposts keep moving

Deaths are down to single figures per day and in some days zero. The whole point of it was to lower the death rate. 
The goalposts keep moving

It’s all very well and good stopping deaths when people are still getting infected and we have no clue what the effects of long COVID are.

It’s pretty irrelevant if the “goalposts keep moving” mate. These are things that have to be taken into consideration.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s all very well and good stopping deaths when people are still getting infected and we have no clue what the effects of long COVID are.

It’s pretty irrelevant if the “goalposts keep moving” mate. These are things that have to be taken into consideration.

the thick of it angry reaction GIF

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A lower death rate was the goal all along. We need to accept that covid will always be in this country just like the common cold. If we don't lift lockdown regulations now, then we never will. 

A lower death rate was the goal all along. We need to accept that covid will always be in this country just like the common cold. If we don't lift lockdown regulations now, then we never will. 

I never said I was against lifting full lockdown restrictions. However there is absolutely no reason, at the minute, to stop social distancing measures, face masks and self isolating when being in close contact with a positive case.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

England is the outlier amongst the European countries.

Ahem.

Anyway, three teams got games cancelled because of Covid and the local ITK was absolutely, utterly furious that anybody might possibly inquire as to why Moffat was missing the game. Is there a particular reason that Ayr United's communications are tighter than the average Mafia gang in 1930s Chicago other than rank incompetence?

At least Roberts was already in League One where nobody expects anything other than sheer amateurism at every level.

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I never said I was against lifting full lockdown restrictions. However there is absolutely no reason, at the minute, to stop social distancing measures, face masks and self isolating when being in close contact with a positive case.

I agree that Mask Wearing should probably remain mandatory in places like Public Trasport and supermarkets however it should be recommended but not mandatory in stadia and other Veneus. Social Distancing needs fired into the sea at the earliest opportunity as it’s crippling businesses.

If we don’t end restrictions on the 19th August then it’ll be the Spring of next year at the earliest before they are gone resulting in even more job losses and peoples mental health going to shit.