The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, mps02 said:

What a difference a few days make! Four days ago we were a basket case on the park (still are), no DoF, no communication from the club, etc etc.
Now we have Mathie (brilliant news BTW), a good honest interview from Smith, now the birds are singing and there is hope about the place.
On the stadium debate I feel a roof over a terracing would be welcome. I am not a fan of all seater stadiums, look at Partick Raith and Lolkirk to see how stadiums have hamstrung them over the years.
All we need to do now is win against QOS, and get some decent players in. Not much to ask is it?

Wait till we get pumped off QOTS

BOOO MATHIE, FUCKIN BOOO GTF!!! BOOO

it gives hope that there is a plan in place to hopefully improve the situation which is what we needed rather than just hoping we are out-shited by other teams 

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Celtic and us both have safe standing sections, not sure if anyone else in Scotland does right now but it's definitely allowed. Not sure if there's much advantage to putting it in instead of terracing, unless you're expecting to play in Europe anytime soon.

and we are of course................................................🙄🤫

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Celtic and us both have safe standing sections, not sure if anyone else in Scotland does right now but it's definitely allowed. Not sure if there's much advantage to putting it in instead of terracing, unless you're expecting to play in Europe anytime soon.
I didn't realise Killie had safe standing too, where is that? It's not that wee tapered chunk opposite the main stand is it?
I have in my head Motherwell do as well, or did, but I've nae idea really.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'd hope if we do anything to it we replace the concrete, it's very old now.  

Behind both goals could do with this as well. Just to make it less crumbly and steeper, and a bit more appealing to new fans.

Probably cost quite a bit of a money for little benefit though.

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Behind both goals could do with this as well. Just to make it less crumbly and steeper, and a bit more appealing to new fans.

Probably cost quite a bit of a money for little benefit though.

Always thought that was one of the main downsides of Somerset. The view from the Somerset road end isn't the road end and railway end isn't the best and could do with being a good bit steeper

7 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Always thought that was one of the main downsides of Somerset. The view from the Somerset road end isn't the road end and railway end isn't the best and could do with being a good bit steeper

Would need to raise the roof for both stands though wouldn't we? At which point it may even make sense (if they are structurally able) to cover the two corners of the NT and have a wrap round roof. It would maybe be a little cheaper than replacing the lot and hopefully keep the sound in to help with the atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It is well utilised or a novelty that worse off? Behind the goals sounds like a decent position for it. 

I’m sure it was mentioned by Smith before ,that it was to be a stand with terracing at the front , hopefully a a similar angle to the ones at Tynecastle etc , the current view from the North Bank is average . There was also mention of a Gym going in somewhere as well as hospitality. Revenue creating infrastructure. 

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It is well utilised or a novelty that worse off? Behind the goals sounds like a decent position for it. 

The behind the goals one is specifically a standing section for kids - it's in the family stand. It's not that well used just now but I think could have the potential to be soon enough. The other one in the East Stand was fairly well used normally.

Due to covid we've had to lock the seats in place because otherwise we'd need to check covid passports for the same reason Ayr did at the derby. If we're all seated the limit is 10,000.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I didn't realise Killie had safe standing too, where is that? It's not that wee tapered chunk opposite the main stand is it?
I have in my head Motherwell do as well, or did, but I've nae idea really.

We have 2 safe standing areas, one in the East stand, top section nearest the Chadwick & a lower section of the Moffat for the younger support.

Due to current Covid regs the seats are supposed to be locked in the down position at the moment thou.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Was there not a trial of "safe" standing in the Premiership? Can't remember what the outcome was, it would probably be a happy medium for us.
Wishlist for me would be; Change round rails to the flat topped ones, A roof that allows for shelter on the rainy days but still get the sun on the nice ones, decent catering options and wider turnstiles as I'm a fat b*****d and get the fear in ours. Would like to keep the fence and players coming down the NT though, as a fan experience that has been class this year. 

A full length hospitality suite would also be decent and if done well could incorporate gantries for TV cameras (or our own) for all our future European games. Enclosing the ends of the roof (like the railway end) would also help transfer noise onto the pitch. 

No thank you to 'rail' seating.  

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Think we should be trying to get a competent team on the park before talking about stadium upgrades lads. 

Why can't these things be done in parallel?

You’d like to think it could but you seen how the day to day running of the club was lacking while the hub was being built.

Hopefully with the appointment of Mathie that will allow David Smith to focus on the day to day running of the club while Mathie focuses on the footballing side. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Due to covid we've had to lock the seats in place because otherwise we'd need to check covid passports for the same reason Ayr did at the derby. If we're all seated the limit is 10,000.

With the Passport business in mind is there lightly to be a crowd of over 10,000 on the 2nd ? 

13 minutes ago, North British said:

With the Passport business in mind is there lightly to be a crowd of over 10,000 on the 2nd ? 

I thought about that the other day and wasn't sure. If both teams were flying high it could definitely get one, but I'm not sure with the current situation. Would guess the club might have to prepare for one just in case.

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully with the appointment of Mathie that will allow David Smith to focus on the day to day running of the club while Mathie focuses on the footballing side. 

Think you have the wrong end of the stick. 
Mathie has been brought in  so the Chairman can distance himself from the day to day running of the club.

14 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Think you have the wrong end of the stick. 
Mathie has been brought in  so the Chairman can distance himself from the day to day running of the club.

David smith will be involved in the non footballing side of things I.e ground improvements. Mathie will be the main player in the football side of things such as players contracts, dealing with agents etc.