The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

One thing about the next two home games (let's assume we don't make the playoffs) is that it represents the last time we'll get the chance to stand on the North Terrace in its current guise. 

Is it just me, or is that not quite a significant moment especially for us older supporters? I just feel the club should be shouting about this in advance of Friday. A lot of lapsed fans or occasional supporters might want to experience it one last time and might not be aware of the change. 

15 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

One thing about the next two home games (let's assume we don't make the playoffs) is that it represents the last time we'll get the chance to stand on the North Terrace in its current guise. 

Is it just me, or is that not quite a significant moment especially for us older supporters? I just feel the club should be shouting about this in advance of Friday. A lot of lapsed fans or occasional supporters might want to experience it one last time and might not be aware of the change. 

Totally agree, I was gonna go to the Queen's Park game for that reason only but I see it's on Friday at the same time as the Hamburg derby.  No chance.  

Fortunately there's still the Raith game before the season ends.  

The club are instead pretending we are going to catch Dundee who are 7 points clear with 9 to play for :lol:

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Is it just me, or is that not quite a significant moment especially for us older supporters?

Bring back the black and white shop until the end of the season! 

I used to spend my pocket money on Ayr badges and random programmes from English teams.

Happy days. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know Bradford could still go up but I would be expecting better for him than League Two…

I doubt he'll care when he looks at his pay packet.

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I would imagine Dipo would want a London based move.  Hopefully he gets it.

Didn't he buy a house up here?

Maybe he'd like to stay in Scotland long term

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I doubt he'll care when he looks at his pay packet.

I’m assuming he could get that same pay packet up a level though, and if he does well you are then looking at the championship where the ridiculous wages tend to start… 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know Bradford could still go up but I would be expecting better for him than League Two…

They have a really good chance of going up automatically and regularly play to crowds of 15000 at home. They also have a recent history over the last few years of signing players from Scotland.

I think he'd do really well there, they've turned Andy Cook into a goalscoring machine this season and Dipo's a far superior player IMO.

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

They have a really good chance of going up automatically and regularly play to crowds of 15000 at home. They also have a recent history over the last few years of signing players from Scotland.

I think he'd do really well there, they've turned Andy Cook into a goalscoring machine this season and Dipo's a far superior player IMO.

If they get promoted then it is undoubtedly a good move for him, but if they don’t it is a bit of a wasted year playing at that kind of level. At best, he would then be 27 before getting any kind of shot at even league one level. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

If they get promoted then it is undoubtedly a good move for him, but if they don’t it is a bit of a wasted year playing at that kind of level. At best, he would then be 27 before getting any kind of shot at even league one level. 

I agree with you, he can afford to sit and wait to see what league they're in before he decides anything.

He's always come across as a decent guy so I'm sure he won't rush into anything.

Its a unique situation for us in that we have a say as well as the player himself. A nice position to be in.

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Looking at the goal of the season, it is a nice change that it is a very tough choice. I’ve narrowed it down to: 

Dipo v Dundee or Partick

Dempsey v QP or Cove 

Chalmers v Partick 

Not sure how I’m deciding my favourite though 😂

I thought at the time that Houston's against Dundee was sublime, though it's lost a bit of its lustre watching it again. Still a great goal.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

And shipping their horrific failed managers to Scotland for that matter.

Anyway, it's fucking April. There will be plenty of pishy rumours circling about for months to come. No reason to react to the first one.

Edited by Thumper

26 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

2B0186FF-7CF1-4E9F-88DC-DFF2286D1CE1.thumb.jpeg.8d189229feb958f6adb073c526694f44.jpeg

Fantastic idea! I was thinking we could all chip in and hire a plane to fly over Somerset with a banner saying #weareunited.

24 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If we don’t make the playoffs 

I read that on the SRE. Guy that posted it must be smoking some good stuff! Why would you want to reward mediocrity and capitulation? 

I take most of the SRE with a pinch of salt. The majority of them don't even attend games. At least, I hope they don't as they must be watching different games. Most of their takes are utterly bizarre.

I don't use Facespace so only really see it when you lot post it here.