The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I don't know why he would know any better than most but I'm sure James McFadden had said that there was a 250k bid rejected from a league 1 team?

Think Chesterfield made some sort of derogatory offer. 

I've not given up hope yet of a play off place. We were all over Thistle for a large part of Saturday even if the penalty box craft was missing when it mattered (Dipo's goal apart). Remember, they were on a good run of results and most folk on here reckoned we'd get beat (and possibly pumped). Albinson didn't have much to do tbf  even if Mitchell didn't either. Surprised no one's mentioned the good shout for a penalty we had in the first half - from where we were sat it looked a penalty. Felt Ashford was pretty awful and I hope MacAllister isn't out for Friday but it didn't look good. Lastly, getting a more lengthy performance from Maguire could be vital. 

Keep the heid up, lads 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

I don't know why he would know any better than most but I'm sure James McFadden had said that there was a 250k bid rejected from a league 1 team?

Gillingham apparently enquired about one of our players. Whether it was him or not I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Is Mullin out of contract with you guys in the summer, I’ve seen a few rumours from rovers fans on different socials that he’s been linked with a move to us in the summer just wanted some clarification on when his contract ends? 

Yeah he’s out of contract. Can’t see why he would make that move though. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

An ICT win tonight and failure of us to win Friday night should put an end to the "something historic..." chat, right?

Although the club has remained suspiciously vague on this front so it could mean anything really. I'm sure Mathie and Smith are sweating bricks on us potentially finishing outside the top 4. No spinning that one.

You could say the "something historic" chat will become historical.

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think around  £50k was the offer , they were told where to go by the club 

They were probably listening to Sportsound and hearing that Nouble was only worth £100k and Livi would sell him and then buy Dipo for £50k. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, North British 2 said:

I'm told it was Charlton and for £250,000 ..

I heard the same name and the same amount, in fact Mathie went on record stating that £250k had been knocked back from a League 1 club and that the size of club and location would have been perfect for Dipo, so it definitely did sound like Charlton.

Given that Dipo has kept up his scoring run and that he'll still have a full year on his contract, then I'd hope the club wouldn't be entertaining anything less than £200k in the Summer as goalscorers are few and far between at ANY level right now, especially ones with excellent injury and disciplinary records and who also have a great attitude to the game.

Of course, much could depend on any "gentlemen's agreement" that we maybe had in place with him but that should also mean that the club should only be accepting an offer so long as it values the player accordingly and I'm sure Dipo would understand that.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I heard the same name and the same amount, in fact Mathie went on record stating that £250k had been knocked back from a League 1 club and that the size of club and location would have been perfect for Dipo, so it definitely did sound like Charlton.

Given that Dipo has kept up his scoring run and that he'll still have a full year on his contract, then I'd hope the club wouldn't be entertaining anything less than £200k in the Summer as goalscorers are few and far between at ANY level right now, especially ones with excellent injury and disciplinary records and who also have a great attitude to the game.

Of course, much could depend on any "gentlemen's agreement" that we maybe had in place with him but that should also mean that the club should only be accepting an offer so long as it values the player accordingly and I'm sure Dipo would understand that.

Dipo comes across as a very decent level headed guy and does not seem to be lowering his performance levels knowing he will likely be moving in the summer , he definitely wants to leave on a high 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Do you see Hamilton beating Falkirk or Airdrie in the playoffs? If we were in that position I’d be fucking terrified. 

That was very nearly us last season. However, Jim Duffy and his brother-in-baldness Lee Bullen saved us.