The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just saw on twitter some killie fan saying that they are looking at Doc on a pre contract. Planning to be in the championship next season? 

Judging by their performances that I've seen, they definitely should start planning for a quickfire return to the Championship. They are awful.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just saw on twitter some killie fan saying that they are looking at Doc on a pre contract. Planning to be in the championship next season? 

Aye Thistle fans were saying it’s a done deal. He’s a bang average Championship midfielder and will be found out in the top flight easily enough. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye Thistle fans were saying it’s a done deal. He’s a bang average Championship midfielder and will be found out in the top flight easily enough. 

Think of the pelters he will get next season when they visit Somerset in the league

Edited by ryanayr1987

I like Docherty. Overall he was a great player for us. He is not Premiership standard though. 

If Killie come down he would probably be a good addition to their squad. If they stay up then I can't see it working out.

He was the worst player on the park when we played them at Firhill last week. I'm surprised Killie are taking a punt on him even at championship level. 

Good player for us no doubt, but I think his long injuries are catching up on him. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

The club are fifth and have the second-worst form in the league over the last quarter, despite having a generous organic revenue stream and being gifted with the universally-acknowledged POTY. Promotion now means winning seven head-to-heads in a row. If he does that then fair fucks to him. A rather more likely scenario is that the season ends on Friday night.

It's not impossible to win this league while being a total imposter. David Martindale's beard did that not long ago, before he fucked off to comment on Gaelic television. I've no idea what he did in the interim but I doubt it was good.

I've don't know what you're trying to say here, unless it's managers should be judged on a quarter by quarter basis and it was a complete accident that a player recruitment team put in place a year or so ago managed to recruit players who have made us better than the previous two seasons? 

Exactly which form table are we 2nd bottom of? I haven't seen any such stat. I can just as quickly say we are top of the league looking only at away matches. 

To be totally honest you come across like you'd love the season to be over on Friday night.

I liked Doc when he played for us, but christ on a bike Killie are on a worse free fall than I thought if he is the standard of signings they're looking at. They already have a lot of championship dross in the squad. McInroy gets 20 mins here and there max. Can see Docherty being the same

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I liked Doc when he played for us, but christ on a bike Killie are on a worse free fall than I thought if he is the standard of signings they're looking at. They already have a lot of championship dross in the squad. McInroy gets 20 mins here and there max. Can see Docherty being the same

They signed a lot of very good championship players that have never quite made it in the premier league, That was enough to get them promoted. They then added to that some players that had been there the last time they got relegated. 

The only people surprised that their season has ended up this way is their fans. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

To be totally honest you come across like you'd love the season to be over on Friday night.

I'd love promotion. But as Sophie Ellis-Bextor is apt to say, the pessimist is never disappointed.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

it was a complete accident that a player recruitment team put in place a year or so ago managed to recruit players who have made us better than the previous two seasons

Player recruitment isn't in the manager's purview. Or at least, the scouting network that identified the majority of the top performers isn't the manager's responsibility. Selection, tactics and motivation are.

Edited by Thumper

It’s been a tough watch in the last quarter of the season that looked like promising so much at one stage.

We should all be full of hope and dreams but, as has been quoted - 2nd bottom of the form table - it knocks it out of you.

Even if by some weird break in the space - time continuum, we managed to negotiate the play-offs and got promoted, it just wouldn’t seem real, or that we deserved it.

It feels a bit like when we all thought we had blown it against Alloa, and most of us turned up at Somerset just to make up the numbers for the last game of the season, which then weirdly turned into a league winning party.

I remember hearing the helicopter and it still didn’t make sense.

Edited by AUFC 1910