The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Inverness could win the league, won 6 games in a row and only 4 points off top

Don't think i've ever seen a team win 6 in a row during our 4 years in this league.

That would mean Dundee and Queens Park don’t win any more games this season, which isn’t happening. 

If nothing else, now that we’ve slipped out of the play-off positions (hopefully temporarily but f**k knows) we’ll get another good wee laugh in the pre-match press conference about how crazy and exciting a league it is, casually glossing over the fact we’ve been slowly slithering down said league since Christmas.

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If nothing else, now that we’ve slipped out of the play-off positions (hopefully temporarily but f**k knows) we’ll get another good wee laugh in the pre-match press conference about how crazy and exciting a league it is, casually glossing over the fact we’ve been slowly slithering down said league since Christmas.

I'm beginning to think Bullen has already decided he is off in the summer, It can be the only reason he appears look like he hasn't given a f**k in interviews over the last month I can think of. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm more worried about the ICT game than the QP and Raith ones. 6 points isnt out of the question from the 2 home games. Not sure that would even be enough for a play off place tbh 

If Inverness lose to Dundee it's plenty.  For sake of ease say we win 1-0 twice and Inverness lose 1-0 at that point we have 57 points and we have a +18 goal difference and Inverness have 54 points and a +5 goal difference.  I

Inverness would need to beat us 7-0 to level the goal difference and even then we would still be ahead on goals scored with 60 to their 57.  So it would have to be 8-0.  

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If Inverness lose to Dundee it's plenty.  For sake of ease say we win 1-0 twice and Inverness lose 1-0 at that point we have 57 points and we have a +18 goal difference and Inverness have 54 points and a +5 goal difference.  I

Inverness would need to beat us 7-0 to level the goal difference and even then we would still be ahead on goals scored with 60 to their 57.  So it would have to be 8-0.  

Last I checked we are not Stranraer so should be safe.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was very nearly us last season. However, Jim Duffy and his brother-in-baldness Lee Bullen saved us.

Jim Duffy deserves zero credit for last season. He was as bad as Hopkin. Into the Sea with him!

Edited by Trogdor

I'm more angry at McLean reffing Friday's game than ICT winning. I expected ICT to win but that fucking DKB is going to ruin my Friday. I just know it!

I do realise he lives rent free in my head but there you go. 🤣

ICT scraping together the results that will probably see them into the top 4. Last two games are home to Dundee then us. Probably win them as well. 5th place beckons. Even winning our next two games we could still finish 6th, as Morton's three remaining games all look eminently  winnable. 

4 hours ago, jm86 said:

ICT scraping together the results that will probably see them into the top 4. Last two games are home to Dundee then us. Probably win them as well. 5th place beckons. Even winning our next two games we could still finish 6th, as Morton's three remaining games all look eminently  winnable. 

Tell you what, if you agree to beat Queens on Friday night then we'll agree to beat ICT on Saturday.

Deal?

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm beginning to think Bullen has already decided he is off in the summer, It can be the only reason he appears look like he hasn't given a f**k in interviews over the last month I can think of. 

What people need to remember is that when after every game in September he said "listen, our challenge is to avoid relegation" while sitting at the top of the table, this wasn't false modesty. It was literally the sum total of his (and the club's) ambition this season.

For what it's worth, it's still very funny that five teams could still win the league, and that potentially both ICT-Ayr and QP-Dundee could be title deciders on the last day.

ICT getting promotion and a shot at Hampden would be quite funny.