The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think we need to look at the bigger picture in the run in , many fans are focusing on ICT forgetting that we could could  still finish above QP and Partick , 

Queens Park have the worse looking run in being away to us and Morton and then home to Dundee . However our 4 wins in 13 doesn't point to 2 wins on the bounce. Which I don't think we've done since October in the league.  

We have no choice but to go for it. 

I see the Ayrshire Post is saying the new home top is available next week. Will the big reveal be on Friday?

14 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm beginning to think Bullen has already decided he is off in the summer, It can be the only reason he appears look like he hasn't given a f**k in interviews over the last month I can think of. 

Tbf I'd probably be off in the summer too if I'd dragged the team up the league after 2 disastrous seasons, potentially seeing the best placed finish in 20 years with players who could fetch the club 6 figure sums while getting slaughtered by stand side experts with subscriptions to The Athletic and Sky Sports. 

Perhaps it's all just a symptom of the past number of years where we've either been excellent or dreadful...a season ending up around the middle is neither and it's hard to reconcile. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Tbf I'd probably be off in the summer too if I'd dragged the team up the league after 2 disastrous seasons, potentially seeing the best placed finish in 20 years with players who could fetch the club 6 figure sums while getting slaughtered by stand side experts with subscriptions to The Athletic and Sky Sports. 

Perhaps it's all just a symptom of the past number of years where we've either been excellent or dreadful...a season ending up around the middle is neither and it's hard to reconcile. 

Who has a subscription to Sky Sports these days?

Spoiler

*cough*firestick*cough*

13 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm more angry at McLean reffing Friday's game than ICT winning. I expected ICT to win but that fucking DKB is going to ruin my Friday. I just know it!

I do realise he lives rent free in my head but there you go. 🤣

Glad I’m not able to make the game now

That c**t will absolutely guarantee we won’t get a result.

No reason not to win the last three and sneak second place. If the Play-off opponents are Queen's Park then Kilmarnock you'd fancy Ayr's chances. Comedy ending to a comedy season.

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

No reason not to win the last three and sneak second place. If the Play-off opponents are Queen's Park then Kilmarnock you'd fancy Ayr's chances. Comedy ending to a comedy season.

I would fancy whatever Championship team they face to beat them in the playoff final. They are genuinely rank rotten.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I would fancy whatever Championship team they face to beat them in the playoff final. They are genuinely rank rotten.

Aye. I saw them at Pittodrie the other week there and I couldn't believe they played top flight football. They offered absolutely heehaw.  Any one of the potential playoff teams from the Champ would scud them. Even Ayr. 

Just now, CoolLesterSmooth said:

Aye. I saw them at Pittodrie the other week there and I couldn't believe they played top flight football. They offered absolutely heehaw.  Any one of the potential playoff teams from the Champ would scud them. Even Ayr. 

They were hopeless against ICT in the cup and against the green arsecheek on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

We have been both this season and the dreadful sections have mostly of our own doing. Either by changing a winning formula to make us turgid or setting up badly and waiting until the game is all but over before making changes. 

The only summer signing with Bullens fingerprints on it is the Bangala move, Unless we sell him to a Costa Rican club in Costa Rican Colon's I can't see us picking up 6 figures for him. 

The standard of team in the Championship has never been as even as it has been the last two years and this season could be looked back on as the easiest chance to get to the premier league. You don't need to have a subscription to the Athletic to see that. 

My post wasn't even a direct dig at Bullen's ability. Seeing Simon Ferry's reasons for leaving Broomhill, The work that is involved as a first team coach, the hours put in, especially when things aren't going well can be tough, Bullen is also away from his family and might find a coaching role down south more rewarding.  

8 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Queens Park have the worse looking run in being away to us and Morton and then home to Dundee . However our 4 wins in 13 doesn't point to 2 wins on the bounce. Which I don't think we've done since October in the league.  

We have no choice but to go for it. 

I see the Ayrshire Post is saying the new home top is available next week. Will the big reveal be on Friday?

Yes , if not before , team will be playing in it v Raith Rovers  

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Looks like Mullin's season may be over, X-Ray this week didn't have the hoped results, feck

Full training yesterday , maybe the result was he wanted to play this week on TV but now needs to wait to Raith game  potential