The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

53 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

23 is a bit old to be "young" player of the year imo. 

Heard a lot of back slapping talk was order of the night and one of our own P&Bers got an award. Well done Robbo 

Thank you , not really too much back slapping , there were mentions of we have done well but still all to play for 

Edited by Finlay21

Anyone else think the atmosphere was incredibly flat yesterday?

What's happened to the wee group with the drum, did they get in bother after the Falkirk pyro and have staged a boycott or something?

Decent crowd in yesterday but you could've heard a pin drop at times.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw Kenny Jackett yesterday. Can only assume Gillingham are looking at Dipo

Aye seems to be the director of football there.

I'd like to think Dipo could go higher in the food chain than 18th in League 2. Unless he was looking at someone else.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I'd like to think Dipo could go higher in the food chain than 18th in League 2. Unless he was looking at someone else.

Youd certainly hope so. Heard Carlisle have been up a few time in recent weeks too. Like you I'd hope hed go higher than any of those pair or they're looking at other players!

Can't disagree with any of the comments on McAlear.  For me it's the 50/50 challenges that show the make of him, he almost always loses them because he's meekly jogging in for it and on the odd occasion he does win one he immediately loses possession.  

If I saw positives elsewhere I'd say that side is just obviously not his game but I don't so I won't.  

Get Paul Smith in on Friday and if Dempsey is fit get him in for Maguire. 

23 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Tbf he could’ve been there for any one of Dipo, Albinson or Musonda. Here’s hoping they take a fancy to Paddy Reading instead. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf he could’ve been there for any one of Dipo, Albinson or Musonda. Here’s hoping they take a fancy to Paddy Reading instead. 

Last one we sold was Joe Chalmers so ye never know. 

11 hours ago, AuAl said:

The Sean McGinty redemption arc will be an Oscar winning story once it is adapted to the big screen.

As you say, a great performer most weeks for us. Nothing special but does exactly what he has to do. Seems to still be a lot of judgement around him from fans of other clubs, but I think most teams in this league would take him as a starting centre half.

ETA. He also gets pelters from some of our support every week, despite consistently doing everything that you would expect a championship centre half to be able to do.

This is absolutely spot on, the big passed a ball in the second half I think for Dipo which was poor and intercepted one of his very rare mistakes yesterday and there was consternation on the North terrace, shaking of heads, he's pish chat all around, yet Ashford loses the ball probably about 95% of the time almost immediately and hardly a murmur. 

Big Sean is probably one of the most harshly treated players I can remember at Ayr, a decent player and an excellent big lad, folk should also remember he's a left sided centre back who has Paddy Reading to look out for constantly and to rely on for help, not easy I'd imagine. 

Along with Dipo I also think we'll be lucky to keep Albison, surely clubs will be looking at him. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

How did Hewitt play yesterday? 

I thought he was alright. Mullen was trying to talk him through the game at times but made it a bit worse. I thought he was solid and on a par with Reading (Reading actually crossed the ball a couple of times yesterday and had a shot. Pretty rare occurrence this season).

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Apparently Gillingham have just been bought by Americans who are bankrolling a push to get to the championship next season so think they have the cash we will be looking for for Dipo 

I doubt they can make up the 13 point gap to the playoffs to get to league one with 3 points to play for.  Big ask. 

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll be glad if he never plays for us again and I’d be getting Smith in for next week.

I don't think anyone really knows how good this boy truly is but it's a big call to throw him in next week.

I know he had the game against Partick last season but then has barely been seen to any consistency anywhere near the 1st team.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think anyone really knows how good this boy truly is but it's a big call to throw him in next week.

I know he had the game against Partick last season but then has barely been seen to any consistency anywhere near the 1st team.

He’s better than McAlear. I think he’s had a good season tbh. Anytime he’s been used he hasn’t looked out his depth. 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I know. f**k knows what’s happened with him but it can’t be a coincidence that it coincided with Bullen coming in. 

The real Sean McGinty is locked in a secret cellar underneath the hub. This one is an imposter.