The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If you're good enough you are old enough.

What value have we got out of McAdams? He's been on a decent wage and rotated in for the cup. It's a rather expensive insurance policy. He'd need to take a significant wage cut to remain imo. I'd rather sign a cheaper backup option.

McAdams going back to Morton just seems really obvious to me. Was their POTY prior to joining us, proven he's good enough for this level and they will be looking for a keeper with Schwake returning to Livi. 

Just now, ecocme said:

Could potentially see offers for Albinson in the summer? If he was sold would we want McAdams as No 1?

Nah not for me. Albinson is a really good goalie even besides the quality saves he’s been making. He’s got a real urgency about him and his long throws allow us to counter quickly up the field. 

I think the likes of Albinson, Musonda and Dempsey will be looked at in the summer but the money needs to be right for us to allow them to move on. 

1 minute ago, ecocme said:

Could potentially see offers for Albinson in the summer? If he was sold would we want McAdams as No 1?

Aye I'd be happy to have him as number 1. Hopefully Albinson sticks around though. 

If 5 is the correct number for the summer it'll be:

Replacement for Kirk (Stranger). 

Replacement for Dipo.

Replacement for Houston.

Replacement for McAdams (Sure I heard a goalie signed a PCA). 

Replacement for Chalmers. 

And then you have anyone else who may leave unexpectedly to replace as well.  

Edited by itzdrk

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Replacement for Dipo.

Replacement for Houston.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the wide player we signed was Kai Kennedy. Sure there was chat of him back in January. 

I think we’ll end up with two new strikers in when Dipo goes. One plucked from the same kind of market down South at least. 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Replacement for Dipo.

Replacement for Houston.

The replacement for Chalmers should be Chalmers imho. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if the wide player we signed was Kai Kennedy. Sure there was chat of him back in January. 

I think we’ll end up with two new strikers in when Dipo goes. One plucked from the same kind of market down South at least. 

I'd be a bit disappointed with Kennedy tbh but I'd understand why we were giving it a go.  

Yeah definitely someone from National League South - there is a guy I think fits the profile called Jordan Greenidge but I've not checked him out on wyscout to see how he plays or know of his contract situation.  

Goalie I've absolutely no idea who it could be but I think Maciej Dabrowski is out of contract this summer and I've decided the Mathie link is enough to just baselessly start the rumour.  

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd say we're probably needing more than 5 new players tbh.

Presuming Dipo is away, As starters: Albinson, Musonda, Dempsey, Murdoch, Mullin

so needing as a bare minimum LB, RB, CB, CM, Winger, 2 strikers 

That is probably quite harsh on McGinty who has been largely fine this season. 

For me 5 is fine if they are going to be a step up in terms of quality. We have seen what just a couple of skilful and creative players can do for us in this division.

I think if we had better players at LB and RB then McGinty and Musonda would be fine at CB.

Does Bullen have a preferred formation he is trying to find players to fit?

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be a bit disappointed with Kennedy tbh but I'd understand why we were giving it a go.  

Yeah definitely someone from National League South - there is a guy I think fits the profile called Jordan Greenidge but I've not checked him out on wyscout to see how he plays or know of his contract situation.  

Goalie I've absolutely no idea who it could be but I think Maciej Dabrowski is out of contract this summer and I've decided the Mathie link is enough to just baselessly start the rumour.  

Jordan Greenidge and John Robertson to fire us to the title next season. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Flashscore thinks it's a homecoming move after scoring on his debut at 11 years old.  Into it. 

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

There’s NO chance of Charlie leaving in the summer I would think 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

For me 5 is fine if they are going to be a step up in terms of quality. We have seen what just a couple of skilful and creative players can do for us in this division.

I think if we had better players at LB and RB then McGinty and Musonda would be fine at CB.

Does Bullen have a preferred formation he is trying to find players to fit?

If it's only 5 we're getting they all need to be starting 11 quality:

Albinson, New RB, Musonda, McGinty, New LB, Murdoch, Dempsey, New CM, Mullin, New striker, new winger 

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If it's only 5 we're getting they all need to be starting 11 quality:

Albinson, New RB, Musonda, McGinty, New LB, Murdoch, Dempsey, New CM, Mullin, New striker, new winger 

If they start McKenzie, Ashford, Reading and Smith that's only one new signing required, along with some depth additions.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

He would be an excellent addition. Albeit not sure how much game time he would get with Albinson ahead of him. Good competition though.

Edited by AuAl

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Goalie I've absolutely no idea who it could be but I think Maciej Dabrowski is out of contract this summer

Much like has already been said I think McAdams will be looking for more regular minutes and nobody could blame him for that. Would Ollie Ecrepont be ready for a step up? Don't know much about Dabrowski either.

2nd goalie is a difficult position to fill, you obviously want someone with ability but someone who accepts they'll likely be starting behind Albinson. Someone who won't take much up of the budget or throw much of a strop if they don't get more than the cup games if next season is much the same as this one.

Not much to ask.

Edited by BukyOHare

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would like to think we're looking at Ruari Paton at QOS. 20 goals for a team who finished mid table is very impressive.