The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If 5 is the correct number for the summer it'll be:

Replacement for Kirk (Stranger). 

Replacement for Dipo.

Replacement for Houston.

Replacement for McAdams (Sure I heard a goalie signed a PCA). 

Replacement for Chalmers. 

And then you have anyone else who may leave unexpectedly to replace as well.  

There were photos from a month or 2 back after a postponed match us training at Ayr Academy and a Stranraer keeper was training with us in our training gear.  Wasn't sure if it was something to do with Ecrepont as he was also training.

ETA - Was George O'Connor.

Edited by callum-ayr

I like Albinson and have been very surprised with him, but nobody offers fees for keepers at this level.

I can't see the squad being overhauled for two reasons. The first is that nearly everyone is on long-term contracts (which as I've said before should be the norm for a properly-run football club). The other is that next season will have substantially reduced gates. That doesn't leave a lot of room to pay for hot new talent. The absolutely number 1 priority will be replacing Akinyemi (and ideally finding a single other player who is remotely reliable in the box who isn't a centre half) and then maybe the luxury of some better full backs or less inconsistent wingers.

Albinson, New RB, Musonda, New CB, New LB, Murdoch, Dempsey, New CM, Mullin, New LF, New ST

Subs: New GK, McAllister, McGinty, Ecrepont, Hewitt, Smith, JML, McKenzie, Bryden

Out - McAdams, Houston, Reading, Ashford, Bangala, O'Connor, Maguire, Moffat, Dipo (Kirk/McAlear Loans end)

Think we will see a few like Ashford/Hosuton/Reading let go if clubs come in for them, Moff retiring, Maguire/O'Connor/McAdams not re-signing and Dipo being sold. In terms of major priority for me is New CF, LB, CB, LF, CM, RB.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson, New RB, Musonda, New CB, New LB, Murdoch, Dempsey, New CM, Mullin, New LF, New ST

Subs: New GK, McAllister, McGinty, Ecrepont, Hewitt, Smith, JML, McKenzie, Bryden

Out - McAdams, Houston, Reading, Ashford, Bangala, O'Connor, Maguire, Moffat, Dipo (Kirk/McAlear Loans end)

Think we will see a few like Ashford/Hosuton/Reading let go if clubs come in for them, Moff retiring, Maguire/O'Connor/McAdams not re-signing and Dipo being sold. In terms of major priority for me is New CF, LB, CB, LF, CM, RB.

Houston is out of contract so I'd hope he isn't offered another deal. 

31 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do we think mullin will sign a new contract? 

I wouldn't be too fussed if he doesn't. Not that i think he's a bad player, but it'd be a bit of a gamble to pay what I imagine is a decent salary (at our level at least) to an ageing winger. I'm expecting only diminishing returns from Mullin moving into next season. That said, if he does re-sign then we'd have a competent enough player in that position saving us the hassle of trying to find a replacement. 

As I said, not too fussed.

Edited by CoolLesterSmooth

39 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do we think mullin will sign a new contract? 

Probably. Don't think he's done enough to earn a contract at a club higher up the food chain.

Raith have been linked with him but that move would just be a bit strange imo. 

I believe the goalkeeper that has signed for us is Robbie Mutch. He’s at Edinburgh City and spent a couple of seasons at Falkirk going between being their number 1 and backup. 

This is purely guesswork after looking at who follows the club on Twitter and it appears his dad (or other relative) does. 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Houston is out of contract so I'd hope he isn't offered another deal. 

Surely there's a good chance we'd have heard by now if he was. Will be interesting to see how ruthless Bullen is this season cause he seems like the sentimental/loyal type toward players.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I believe the goalkeeper that has signed for us is Robbie Mutch. He’s at Edinburgh City and spent a couple of seasons at Falkirk going between being their number 1 and backup. 

This is purely guesswork after looking at who follows the club on Twitter and it appears his dad (or other relative) does. 

Looks as if he'll be one of the most senior players in the squad

image.png

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is that picture not the former Southampton manager. Ralph Soemthingorother?

Yes

I think Mutch was either down on trial or being looked at by Southampton a few years ago. 

Watch us not sign him now.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Is that picture not the former Southampton manager. Ralph Soemthingorother?

I think that was the joke. Even in Lochside you don't get 25-year-olds in that nick.