The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

Anybody seriously thinking Michael Rose will be signing for anyone near our level needs to stop eating LSD for lunch.

This. He'd walk into any team in the premiership other than maybe the Old Firm. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Maguire was on 1k a week

Think Mullin was on 2k a week at livi (ish) it won't have more than halved so a best case of £2k per week for them. 

He was probably on 1.2k at most. I think Nicky Devlin was only on 1.6k and he was one of the highest earners. All pre-bonuses though so likely more with a bonus on top (appearance fee etc)

“Mullin wasnae actually that good” is just more post Friday night revisionism. He was one of our most important this season.

That said it’s entirely fair that the club wouldn’t give a 3 year deal to a 30 year old winger. It doesn’t fit in with the “plan” at all. No surprises if Raith are going with a much more short-term approach considering what their new owners did at Kelty.

Pre January Mullin I be like...

rage-angry.gif.660cd29452cd73a918e03b421ce0a905.gif

Post January Mullin I be like...

200w(3).gif.dd6b4f48ad5513d6cf62a187d71a63fa.gif

Tbf, we wouldnt have offered a 3 year deal anyway. Raith are big shots at the moment, doing good business early. Will be interesting to see what happens with that.

Keep the faith you honest men and bonnie lassies. We needed a major rebuild and we're getting one! Hopefully a few more out and some mutual termination. As someone else said we may need to go one step back to take two steps forward!

Edited by Trogdor

36 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Anybody seriously thinking Michael Rose will be signing for anyone near our level needs to stop eating LSD for lunch.

I would LOVE for him to come back, but don't see it ever happening. He'll get a contract with an English Championship or Scottish Premiership club no problem.

It’s a pity to see Michael Rose’s development stalling at Coventry.  Seemed like he could really kick on after his first  successful season with them with rumours of possible big moves, but his injury record over the last couple of years seems to be pretty dreadful.  

Agree with everyone else in terms of the three year deal and Mullin, however it is a lot of goals to replace - Raith have a ton of goals in them in Mullin, Connolly and Hamilton now. 

I do find it a bit odd that Mullin, Houston and McAdams have told us they are away and we have nothing official from the club - not anything to get worked up about, but it’s a bit poor IMO. 

must be still in talks with the other out of contract players first and then once thats done then post a Squad Update but yeah should at least be getting tweets thanking them or such at the very least right now

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Agree with everyone else in terms of the three year deal and Mullin, however it is a lot of goals to replace - Raith have a ton of goals in them in Mullin, Connolly and Hamilton now. 

I do find it a bit odd that Mullin, Houston and McAdams have told us they are away and we have nothing official from the club - not anything to get worked up about, but it’s a bit poor IMO. 

I'm hoping it's a good sign in that they are speaking to the players to give a full squad update. Including those we mutually terminate. 🤞

Thus they want to announce it in full rather than piece meal.

Nothing from VOR either and he would normally be plugged in to what the club are doing.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye I find it bizarre that we haven’t heard although there’s every chance we’ll get a press release tomorrow. 

38 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

“Mullin wasnae actually that good” is just more post Friday night revisionism. He was one of our most important this season.

That said it’s entirely fair that the club wouldn’t give a 3 year deal to a 30 year old winger. It doesn’t fit in with the “plan” at all. No surprises if Raith are going with a much more short-term approach considering what their new owners did at Kelty.

The whole Raith thing reminds me of Dunfermline a couple of seasons ago.

Looked like serious challengers with the squad they assembled before a ball was kicked.

Look how that turned out!!!

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Looked like serious challengers with the squad they assembled before a ball was kicked.

No CV required...

298403844.gallery.thumb.jpg.fa747fe0ce99b7f2fdc094574d6aaa72.jpg

19 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I ain’t getting carried away as a rovers supporter unlike im gonna wait to see What GK/CHs and LB we will sign first before giving an honest thoughts.

but I can’t lie and say that the players signed/renewed so far does give me some optimism going into the new season 

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I find it bizarre that we haven’t heard although there’s every chance we’ll get a press release tomorrow. 

I think it will be the case that the ones leaving today had no intention of negotiating for next year in the case of McAdams and Houston or had already been aware that they had a better offer elsewhere that we wouldn't match like Mullen. 

The rest maybe haven't decided yet or are keeping options open for as long as they can. 

Jack Hamilton is a superb signing and a three year deal means it’s likely they’ll be able to make some money off him either next year or the year after. That’s an example of smart business. 

Josh Mullin is less clever. I can understand the thinking of a two year deal. Gives you a bit of security for next year and by the end of his contract he might be ready to move down a level. Three years is a big commitment on presumably a decent wage. I’m not rewriting history as I’ll happily admit that he was a big player for us last season. He drifted in and out of some games but like Chalmers had the ability to win us games with one or two moments of quality. I’m quite content if we’re looking at a bit of a rebuild as I think it’s all gone a bit stale and we need some quality all over the park. I’m excited to see what we can get done over the next couple of weeks.