The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There always seems to be a wee bit kept back for the market that starts to open up towards end of August where folk under contract at bigger clubs realise they aren't going to get a game so start looking for loan / permanent moves down a bit.  

Has every other club in the Championship got a complete pool for the coming season or is it just us that are still a bit short ??

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We're building a pool next to the hub.

Should've gone for rooftop with a poolside bar. Missed opportunity given the location on the Scottish Riviera.

I went with the early pre-payment season ticket option. Got the shop receipts from the 2 instalments (was cash only) and I paid the fee to get it on a physical card. (I've used phone tickets before, I like having an old school physical card)

Anyone know if the club contact you to go to the shop for a new season ticket card or is it done on the existing card?

13 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Also no employer owes an employee anything if the employee throws the toys out the pram.

He's in training, he's playing bounce games. On his personal twitter account, which various very angry people are very keen to point out has absolutely nothing identifying him with Ayr United Football Club, he's posted a few things which have been construed as expressing dissatisfaction with the way things are going. Raise your hand if you think that people posting oblique complaints about their jobs on social media is a capital offense.

Just now, Thumper said:

He's in training, he's playing bounce games. On his personal twitter account, which various very angry people are very keen to point out has absolutely nothing identifying him with Ayr United Football Club, he's posted a few things which have been construed as expressing dissatisfaction with the way things are going. Raise your hand if you think that people posting oblique complaints about their jobs on social media is a capital offense.

If I post something about my work on social media it's a disciplinary issue, written into most contracts of employment now.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

If I post something about my work on social media it's a disciplinary issue, written into most contracts of employment now.

Did he post something about his work? I was under the impression that people on here were about to go Thomas Mair on him for posting that he missed his kid's sports day.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

There’s absolutely nothing on his socials directed at the club though. 

He’s clearly frustrated that a deal hasn’t been struck yet but I don’t think that frustration is at Ayr. It’s at the situation as a whole. FWIW I’m sure the club are pretty frustrated as well as they’ll likely have stuff lined up that can only go through once Dipo is out the door. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Has every other club in the Championship got a complete pool for the coming season or is it just us that are still a bit short ??

Short answer is no. Perhaps only Raith have signed more players than us.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did he post something about his work? I was under the impression that people on here were about to go Thomas Mair on him for posting that he missed his kid's sports day.

I don't think he has directly said anything about the club, no.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s absolutely nothing on his socials directed at the club though. 

He’s clearly frustrated that a deal hasn’t been struck yet but I don’t think that frustration is at Ayr. It’s at the situation as a whole. FWIW I’m sure the club are pretty frustrated as well as they’ll likely have stuff lined up that can only go through once Dipo is out the door. 

I never said anything was directly said about the club, was more replying to you regarding saying something about your work on social media.  

He will be frustrated for sure, he's best getting his head down and not mentioning silly wee things online etc, I do believe he will be away before the end of the transfer window.  The waiting about might even be to his advantage if other clubs come in for him and he has a choice of where to go.

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Thought about that area before, but think it's a) too awkward a shape for a full size training pitch etc and b) think that area Jim Kirkwood owns, remember he was wanting to build flats or houses there.

I'm pretty sure he washed his hands of the land so not sure who owns it