The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What on earth are you doing here if you don't know the basic principles of how footballers are paid?

I have never seen a footballers wage structured in hourly rates. Weekly or salaried only. Everything would depend on hours worked. 

10 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Who gives a monkeys about how they are paid? f**k me, this is the kinda tedious patter that keeps folk off P&B.

What do those folks want to talk about?

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

What do those folks want to talk about?

I'll have an ask about. I'm sure the same David Bangala joke, inane down the rabbit hole chat about how football teams pay wages, and speculation about speculation about speculation would sit low on the list. 

13 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I'll have an ask about. I'm sure the same David Bangala joke, inane down the rabbit hole chat about how football teams pay wages, and speculation about speculation about speculation would sit low on the list. 

Sorry Oscar. The lack of bons mots is not stopping anyone reading (or indeed commenting on) P&B. Feel free to improve the discourse at your leisure.

to go back to the Mark McKenzie discussion

i agree with what he says about playing central as IMO he's hopeless on the wing or RM, he's not main striker but as people have said paired with a goal scorer he's a good second striker and is good enough for this league also noted down with each season he has improved in his Goal Contributions even if not by a huge amount it is still improvments

19/20: 10 Apperances (0 Starts, 10 Sub): 0 Goals, 0 Assists

20/21: 27 Apperances (9 Starts, 18 Sub): 2 Goals, 0 Assists

21/22: 34 Apperances (26 Starts, 8 Sub): 2 Goals, 4 Assists

22/23: 42 Apperances (18 Starts, 14 Sub): 5 Goals, 4 Assists

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I have never seen a footballers wage structured in hourly rates. Weekly or salaried only. Everything would depend on hours worked. 

How does that factor into your completely inventing Ayr United's wage structure based on absolutely nothing, including the hilarious suggestion that Jordan Houston was given £150 a week by Ayr United to play full-time in the Scottish Championship?

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

How does that factor into your completely inventing Ayr United's wage structure based on absolutely nothing, including the hilarious suggestion that Jordan Houston was given £150 a week by Ayr United to play full-time in the Scottish Championship?

In what way have I invented the wage structure? If you read back properly I wrote guesstimates for ones I wasn’t sure on. The wage structure at Ayr will have higher and lower earners, whatever their true earnings will be, bonuses etc will make it up. Houston would have been on the lower end I would imagine. 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

In what way have I invented the wage structure? If you read back properly I wrote guesstimates for ones I wasn’t sure on. The wage structure at Ayr will have higher and lower earners, whatever their true earnings will be, bonuses etc will make it up. Houston would have been on the lower end I would imagine. 

You’d imagine the lower end will still be in the region of £400 a month and the highest will be closer to £700. I might be way off there but that would be my guess. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not so sure , remember we paid a decent amount of money to get him from Rangers  even though his contract was ending there , wouldn’t think he came cheaply 

Think he had signed a new contract January 2022 I think, had just come back from injury, could be wrong though, at that point I’m not sure it would have been an improved contract with his continuous injuries at the time. Again just speculation/guess work. 

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

image.png.383e4a23ac9a4d71ebe4dfc410a6217b.png
The f**k is wrong with people on here?

Turnover for the last five years was £10,156,979.

Where are your numbers from?

Below is from VOR when our last results to June 2022 (were published), "Turnover in the year to June 30, 2022 doubled to £1.4m in the first post-pandemic season."

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-accounts-show-positive-29586210.amp

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d imagine the lower end will still be in the region of £400 a month and the highest will be closer to £700. I might be way off there but that would be my guess. 

I take it you meant a week not month, just clarifying 

3 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I take it you meant a week not month, just clarifying 

Aye apologies. I think our wage structure will be quite tight and no one will be earning huge amounts more than the other. Murphy will probably be at the top end of the scale and potentially Smith and Hewitt at the other? 

No one will ever know for sure and if they did it shouldn’t be revealed on here but going back to budget chat there is no reason why we shouldn’t have a decent chunk left to spend. All we’ve done is replace some of the bodies that have left and two of those players would’ve been on a fair chunk you’d assume. With the Dipo sale I think there’s scope to bring in some good additions but players need to want to come to the club. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye apologies. I think our wage structure will be quite tight and no one will be earning huge amounts more than the other. Murphy will probably be at the top end of the scale and potentially Smith and Hewitt at the other? 

No one will ever know for sure and if they did it shouldn’t be revealed on here but going back to budget chat there is no reason why we shouldn’t have a decent chunk left to spend. All we’ve done is replace some of the bodies that have left and two of those players would’ve been on a fair chunk you’d assume. With the Dipo sale I think there’s scope to bring in some good additions but players need to want to come to the club. 

👍

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Where are your numbers from?

Below is from VOR when our last results to June 2022 (were published), "Turnover in the year to June 30, 2022 doubled to £1.4m in the first post-pandemic season."

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-accounts-show-positive-29586210.amp

https://pomanda.com/company/SC005950/the-ayr-united-football-and-athletic-club%2C-limited

VOR is mistaking turnover for gross profit.

This is literally public information fwiw.

Edited by Thumper