The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's going to be a long season if we get folk looking to say I told you so after every good game and other folk doing the same after every poor performance.

How long have you been on fans forums?! Is that not what generally happens? 

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s pretty unusual to sub the keeper for the last 10 minutes though.  I presume the development fee goes up if the players has played for the first team.  

It's good for him to get the experience. Weren't exactly going to lose at that point anyway 😊

Alloa were the worst team I have seen in a long time, really bad.

did nothing of note, had no areas that were strong, from their keeper waving at a couple of efforts on the way past to Bryden having time to take a touch, pick a spot, shuffle his feet, take another touch and then shoot.
Conor Salmon is a name you hear and think, he’ll give the defence a hard game, he barely got a touch. 

The barely got involved in the Tammy after Tomlinson got booted in the air. Just no fight at all in them. 

Bullens comments post match were spot on, we kept at it when the game was obviously in the bag at half time 

Just got home.

I throughly enjoyed that game, probably the most I've enjoyed a home game in about a year. I got the liquid football, its very pleasing to actually try and play the ball on the grass. The pitch was lush. Everyone did their bit and as complete a performance as I've seen in a long while.

It sets us up nicely for the league season kicking off. Our first three fixtures are toughies but will be a good barometer of where we are as a squad. I'd like a couple more signings for sure.

I now just need to work out how to renew my season ticket. The email link doesn't seem to be working and I don't want to buy a fresh one. I'd quite like my current card to keep working.

Quietly confident we will be up there for top 4 again come May, last season we were a one man band, stop Dipo and we revert to hoof ball, this season we look to have a good 3 or 4 who can influence the game score or assist and we should have some of the Dipo money to invest in this squad.

Wrt. Logan Chalmers. I'd rather get in two new full backs tbh. I'm not convinced we need Chalmers, unless a wide player is going out we are stacked with options out wide.

Edited by Trogdor

Was in the stand today for the first time in many years, and as much as I hate saying it, you get a cracking view of the game.

Was great to see players playing with a mission for the full 90 minutes and coming out well on top.

Pitch was top class.

Will be exciting to see the north terrace take shape in the flesh.

Fingers crossed for a good draw tomorrow.

Next week will be a tough test and if we can come through it with 3 points, will be a superb start to the 2023/24 campaign.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Where do we play Chalmers then?

I'd play him on either wing and it'd give us the option of Amartey or Murphy as a second striker behind Rose.

I don't know why it should be but bringing a player back for a second stint never works out as well as you hope either. 

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'd play him on either wing and it'd give us the option of Amartey or Murphy as a second striker behind Rose.

I don't know why it should be but bringing a player back for a second stint never works out as well as you hope either. 

I think all three of them (plus McGeady) can play behind a striker too, which is a pretty exciting thought with some of the interchanging that could happen. Plus they aren’t all going to be fit all season so if we are going with a better style this season it’s important to have that kind of quality in there. 

Edited by No_Problemo

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The only disappointment today was the attendance. 1,498! Given it was £12 and a combined event with the rugby team, I was expecting better than that.

I wonder if there will be stay aways this season with the north Terrace out of commission. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Chalmers and do we need him.

Yes.

He’s a very good player.

he’s also young where as McGeady and Murphy are not. It would allow for them not to play every game, which they probably won’t anyway. 

We need to take the saleability factor into account too - if he improves the defensive side of his game he is more than capable of getting double figures at this level and being sold. His technical ability is brilliant. 

I think signing players like Pendlebury shows the club are also thinking about succession planning - something I have to admit I didn’t think about when I thought I saw he was similar to our other option. That is obviously very important with the age of some of our wide players. 

It's fantastic to see the youth keeper come on today, hopefully that boy comes on leaps and bounds.

Obviously, we've had some shite keepers over the years. Ruddy, Hillcoat etc.....Pj Morrison looked absolutely shite today for Alloa. Sure he appeared for Ayr a few seasons ago.

How far we have come 😊

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's fantastic to see the youth keeper come on today, hopefully that boy comes on leaps and bounds.

Obviously, we've had some shite keepers over the years. Ruddy, Hillcoat etc.....Pj Morrison looked absolutely shite today for Alloa. Sure he appeared for Ayr a few seasons ago.

How far we have come 😊

You are right - last game of the season after sinisalo was recalled think he was on loan from Motherwell. Agree he looked shite 

4 hours ago, Iain said:

Saints probably need to end the experiment with MacLean as manager

Its no experiment, hes on a 3yr deal.

Previous manager built one our most expensive ever squads, of almost 40 players, last season and we lost around £2m.

MacLean shafted trying to cut that squad and wage spend while having multiple dross high earners still on the books. Our bench today was full of literal kids.

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's fantastic to see the youth keeper come on today, hopefully that boy comes on leaps and

The boy is an Ayr fan, the way things are going in football, he could Move to a championship team for a decent fee down south, be in their youth set up for the next 5 years and never see a senior game or he could thrive and go on to be an international. But he’s now played for his boyhood club