The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Talking about more experienced additions here, personally not sure if adding the likes of Fletcher or Mugrew is what's needed but I'm going to trust the process.

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/23690712.ayr-united-manager-lee-bullen-looks-ahead-championship-season/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

For the Walking Football team, maybe.

45 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Talking about more experienced additions here, personally not sure if adding the likes of Fletcher or Mugrew is what's needed but I'm going to trust the process.

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/23690712.ayr-united-manager-lee-bullen-looks-ahead-championship-season/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fletcher would be a ridiculously good signing, but he would still get a game and do well for a top six top flight club. 

35 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mulgrew was supposedly a major bad egg at Dundee United. He can GTF

People need to stop repeating what weird Dundee United fans with an agenda said about a guy with a fantastic career, with no evidence of anything like that tbh. 

Charlie Mulgrew has over 200 appearances for Celtic, 100 for Blackburn and 44 caps for Scotland. He’s incredibly decorated in this country as well. You don’t really have that longevity at a top club if you are a disruptive character. It’s quite likely that due to being used to playing at a high level that he wasn’t happy last season and upset a few at the club in that way however I don’t see why a guy at that age would suddenly start kicking up a fuss for no real reason. 

You can accuse him of being done at that level and he’d quite possibly be exposed in the Championship but I don’t think his character or experience can be called into question. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Charlie Mulgrew has over 200 appearances for Celtic, 100 for Blackburn and 44 caps for Scotland. He’s incredibly decorated in this country as well. You don’t really have that longevity at a top club if you are a disruptive character. It’s quite likely that due to being used to playing at a high level that he wasn’t happy last season and upset a few at the club in that way however I don’t see why a guy at that age would suddenly start kicking up a fuss for no real reason. 

You can accuse him of being done at that level and he’d quite possibly be exposed in the Championship but I don’t think his character or experience can be called into question. 

Absolutely - I very much doubt he was disruptive at all tbh. We all know what football fans are like with ridiculous rumours borne out of frustration and wanting to target someone during an awful season. Performance wise it seems fair enough, the rest not so much as you have explained. He has also been the captain at countless clubs - including Scotland. There just isn’t anything to back it up whatsoever. 

Much like Berra, or Broadfoot I actually think he would be fine in the championship tbh. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely - I very much doubt he was disruptive at all tbh. We all know what football fans are like with ridiculous rumours borne out of frustration and wanting to target someone during an awful season. Performance wise it seems fair enough, the rest not so much as you have explained. He has also been the captain at countless clubs - including Scotland. There just isn’t anything to back it up whatsoever. 

Much like Berra, or Broadfoot I actually think he would be fine in the championship tbh. 

Maybe he’d be fine but I struggle to see where he fits in as we aren’t exactly weak at centre back. I know he can play left back although I’m not too keen on the idea of a 37 year old left back. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe he’d be fine but I struggle to see where he fits in as we aren’t exactly weak at centre back. I know he can play left back although I’m not too keen on the idea of a 37 year old left back. 

I don’t disagree with you at all there, I just meant generally for someone in the championship. 

He would probably be similar to McGinty in terms of struggling with people running at him, being good in the air but obviously far far better on the ball. Risky though, so ultimately pointless. 

Far more important things for us to address! Hopefully something happens this week…

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd be happier with it if it simply meant we had a new left back.  You probably couldn't play Murdoch and Dempsey together if we had essentially 4 centre backs sitting protecting. The forward players would all need to contribute at the top end and we've seen as a pair that won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Far more important things for us to address! Hopefully something happens this week…

Exactly give me a natural right back, potentially another Left back and maybe a attacking midfielder then we can look at vetrans with no club.