The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Was just at Somerset and saw guy in carpark ...

6ft plus, beard would say 30+wearing a tracksuit ...no club markings ....wonder if possible signing?

Looked a bit of a unit....

Any ideas?

Probably Dimi the goalie coach.

31 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

6ft plus, beard would say 30+wearing a tracksuit ...no club markings ....wonder if possible signing?

Any ideas?

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/games-puzzles-and-books/board-games/childrens-board-games/whos-who/p/101715

5 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

He is only 5ft 8 but his club describe him as tough and combative.

Looked decent from a 3 minute YT video and probably the type of player we need, whether that player is him remains to be seen.

I don't trust YouTube one bit when I can see everyone's flaws on wyscout.  

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Any ideas?

Sounds like it might be me but I'm at work and I'm shite at football anyway. 

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Does it measure up to that link I posted above? 

Good tackling, interceptions etc - not so good on the ball… 

I don't rate his positioning either, whole defensive positioning section is the ball going by him 😂

But yeah, on the ball....

35 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't rate his positioning either, whole defensive positioning section is the ball going by him 😂

But yeah, on the ball....

Probably clutching at straws a little, but everyone talks about how physical those leagues in England are, so maybe he could be our Steve Bowey style buzzbomb flying about. 

Maybe in the right tactical set up you could hone the positional issues 😂

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

He sounds like part Duncan George, prowling about the centre circle kicking people, but once he wins the ball rather than the simple pass, he attempts some hollywood esque 60 yard cross field pass

If only !!!

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Probably clutching at straws a little, but everyone talks about how physical those leagues in England are, so maybe he could be our Steve Bowey style buzzbomb flying about. 

Maybe in the right tactical set up you could hone the positional issues 😂

This is the thing about "stats" and why people shouldn't over analyze everything as players perform differently when placed with other players in different surroundings playing different styles.

Take any world class centre forward who's ended up at Chelsea, their stats based on their time at Chelsea will have them utter tossers and lucky to get a game at League 1 level.

We've seen it ourselves with umpteen players at Ayr over the years, some have come with big reputations and always looked great against us but when pulling on the Black and White have looked like they were playing with a square ball !!

There's also been guys who've failed miserably elsewhere but found themselves down in the sea air of fortress somerset.

The bottom line is that you just never know until they actually start playing (or not as the case may be).......

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This is the thing about "stats" and why people shouldn't over analyze everything as players perform differently when placed with other players in different surroundings playing different styles.

Take any world class centre forward who's ended up at Chelsea, their stats based on their time at Chelsea will have them utter tossers and lucky to get a game at League 1 level.

We've seen it ourselves with umpteen players at Ayr over the years, some have come with big reputations and always looked great against us but when pulling on the Black and White have looked like they were playing with a square ball !!

There's also been guys who've failed miserably elsewhere but found themselves down in the sea air of fortress somerset.

The bottom line is that you just never know until they actually start playing (or not as the case may be).......

Exactly. Shankland was pretty much on his last attempt at s decent level of football when McCall signed him.