The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This is a whole new level of desperation.

It's not in the slightest, it is what it is.

If they're rubbish then they're rubbish and it's up to the recruitment team and Smith to do something about it. 

Worst case we get relegated and life goes on but I'm pretty sure Smith won't let that happen, aren't you ?

This is actually beyond comical if it's true.

Wtf is going on behind closed doors????

Bullen looks scunnered already, openly said at a supporters forum over summer he needs new fullbacks and an experienced backbone to the team, he has got neither...

Players on the pitch who look like they're already disjointed since McAllister looked like he wanted to give McGinty a right hook over the head on Saturday after one of their goals. 

If Pendlebury is away then it’s likely homesickness. If he was unhappy about playing time then I doubt this would’ve happened so quickly. Lack of playing time maybe hasn’t helped but maybe he’s not playing because Bullen doesn’t think his head is in the right place although why would you have him in the squad? 

It’s a shame if it’s true as he’s looked promising but his wages should free up a replacement but I think once we’ve got a midfielder in we should look at strengthening another position. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Pendlebury is away then it’s likely homesickness. If he was unhappy about playing time then I doubt this would’ve happened so quickly. Lack of playing time maybe hasn’t helped but maybe he’s not playing because Bullen doesn’t think his head is in the right place although why would you have him in the squad? 

It’s a shame if it’s true as he’s looked promising but his wages should free up a replacement but I think once we’ve got a midfielder in we should look at strengthening another position. 

Both of those reasons seem a bit off to me tbh.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Both of those reasons seem a bit off to me tbh.

The third reasoning is of course there’s been a falling out of some sort but that’s maybe tied into lack of playing time. 

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If they're rubbish then they're rubbish and it's up to the recruitment team and Smith to do something about it. 

Worst case we get relegated and life goes on but I'm pretty sure Smith won't let that happen, aren't you ?

Not sure what Smith can do apart from chuck money at it, and the way recruitment is going atm that would prob be a waste too.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The recruitment team have a limited amount of money to bring players in and limited time. That money will become even more limited if walk up punters are put off by results. They have also failed on a number of occasions. 

Right now, we look like finishing below 6th. which means that crowds will be smaller and the pressure will build for changes that will cost more money. Before the window shuts, we look like our season is done, looks a turgid hope of mid-table and hope of success has gone.

Pendlebury looked a promising addition to everyone bar Bullen and if he is away, there is no guarantee that anyone who comes in will be better or at least the same.  

Pendlebury was always a bizarre signing, we needed a specific kind of midfielder to sign and as much as he seemed like he could be decent he absolutely wasn’t what we needed. He was just a continuation of what we already had. Strange all round if he is away, though possibly at least explains the fucked up team selection at the weekend. 

We would also be back to needing two central midfielders again…

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Pendlebury was always a bizarre signing, we needed a specific kind of midfielder to sign and as much as he seemed like he could be decent he absolutely wasn’t what we needed. He was just a continuation of what we already had. Strange all round if he is away, though possibly at least explains the fucked up team selection at the weekend. 

It was a strange signing unless they predicted that Murdoch and Dempsey would miss the majority of the season. 

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm not buying the homesickness excuse for foreign players . Its your job ffs .

It’s not as easy as that. You don’t know if you’re comfortable away from home  until you make the move and maybe he’s realised he’d rather play closer to home. 

We can all speculate but the bottom line is we don't know what happened, who's fault it was or indeed if it was anyone's fault at all.

Negative spin does nobody any good.

A few days ago there was chat about Pendlebury being too slow and not up to it, yet now it's going to be a potential season ending situation.

You can't have it both ways.

For what it's worth I thought he looked fine and would have had him in ahead of Murdoch but for whatever reason it wasn't to be. We'll move on now and hopefully the incoming player / players will be up to the task in hand.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not as easy as that. You don’t know if you’re comfortable away from home  until you make the move and maybe he’s realised he’d rather play closer to home. 

Yeah, I'm not buying that much either, he's an adult not a kid, and even then it's not like he's come from some far away land.

I'm going for fallout.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye it’s weird. Seems like a good enough player but he doesn’t look quick enough to be an effective box to box player but his game seems to be making runs into the box or hanging in an area where he can get a shot away. 

We really needed someone who’s comfortable taking the ball off the centre backs and making a pass (if we’re intent on playing a possession based way). What we’ve got is a lot of busy midfielders but no one to take control of the game and you kinda need that to do well. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm sure lio messi said the same thing at 12 Yr old when barca moved him to Spain.