The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m fairly sure he’s not the first person to leave a job after a month or two for personal reasons. He’s either not the right character for Bullen or he’s not liking it up here and wants closer to home. 

It doesn’t excuse the fact that Bullen said two months ago he needed improvements at full back and got one loan from Lincoln who I wouldn’t bet against following suit with Pendlebury and also wanted more experience on top of Murphy and McGeady. Now that’s hard to do as experienced players will likely cost more but we really should be looking at another forward before the deadline on Friday.

True, now players have seen him manage to get away then they might be thinking to themselves better to get out now.

With regards to Ahui normally loans can't be terminated in the first 28 days although not sure if that applies when cross borders loans are temporary transfers. However he would need to return tomorrow or Friday if he wanted to play for Lincoln before January.

Moff official Testimonial match against Celtic 11

Sun 24th Sept 2pm Kick Off 

Tickets now on sale via Fanbase 

Adult £12 ( can order  up to 4  child under 12 tickets free) 

Concessions £6 (13-16 , Over 65 & disabled) 

get online now and buy your ticket to see the Moff play on Somerset Park for the last time , the legend that he is 

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

VOR saying we’re likely to sign another midfielder to replace Pendlebury. Please for the love of god try for someone like Connor Smith. 

Nahh m8 we will sign some jobber who has has just been released from Brackley Town.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

VOR saying we’re likely to sign another midfielder to replace Pendlebury. Please for the love of god try for someone like Connor Smith. 

It really depends if he can contribute a bit in deeper areas too, I don’t know enough about him to say if he can or not, but if he can’t you are really just adding another player into the only area of the pitch where we have actual quality. You would then have one of Chalmers, Smith, McGeady and Murphy sorting out every week and ultimately that’s your four best players. 

As much as he’s clearly a good player, we would be far better off with a proven deeper style central midfielder. If he can do both Kerr McInroy style then get him in though!

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It really depends if he can contribute a bit in deeper areas too, I don’t know enough about him to say if he can or not, but if he can’t you are really just adding another player into the only area of the pitch where we have actual quality. You would then have one of Chalmers, Smith, McGeady and Murphy sorting out every week and ultimately that’s your four best players. 

As much as he’s clearly a good player, we would be far better off with a proven deeper style central midfielder. If he can do both Kerr McInroy style then get him in though!

I was under the impression that Smith was more of a number 8 rather than an out and out 10. 

Maybe I’m wrong and we’ll end up with James McCarthy after all. 

A pendlebury family member has “liked” a comment on the announcement on Twitter basically saying that it it’s not really “personal circumstances” and that he fell out with Bullen after the slaphead dropped him for a centre half to play in midfield. Probably stating the obvious here, but aye definitely a fallout! 

Just now, Andy_AUFC said:

A pendlebury family member has “liked” a comment on the announcement on Twitter basically saying that it it’s not really “personal circumstances” and that he fell out with Bullen after the slaphead dropped him for a centre half to play in midfield. Probably stating the obvious here, but aye definitely a fallout! 

Think there's a reason why a centre half was getting in front of him.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was under the impression that Smith was more of a number 8 rather than an out and out 10. 

Maybe I’m wrong and we’ll end up with James McCarthy after all. 

If he is, and we feel Syla is good enough to be the six then get him in! 

Haha - you never know…

1 minute ago, Andy_AUFC said:

f**k him then - he will be dropping down the leagues swiftly if he has a mentality like that - think we got a glimpse of it in the Morton game. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

f**k him then - he will be dropping down the leagues swiftly if he has a mentality like that - think we got a glimpse of it in the Morton game. 

Time will tell, I don’t think many if any got pass marks at Morton. However, if he is chucking the dolly out the pram at the first opportunity then maybe it’s best he’s away. 

Just now, Andy_AUFC said:

Time will tell, I don’t think many if any got pass marks at Morton. However, if he is chucking the dolly out the pram at the first opportunity then maybe it’s best he’s away. 

Yeah, I would say so! I can understand him being frustrated but to chuck it is just symptomatic of a shite mentality. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we played Musonda ahead of him for the first time on Saturday and a couple of days later he’s away? Seems to be very reactive from Pendlebury to decide he wants away that quickly. 

Obviously not enjoying it.

Poor attitude, off you go. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we played Musonda ahead of him for the first time on Saturday and a couple of days later he’s away? Seems to be very reactive from Pendlebury to decide he wants away that quickly. 

There’s got to be more in it, I wonder if those ITK who knew this before it was announced could be a little more forthcoming with information. 

1 minute ago, Andy_AUFC said:

There’s got to be more in it, I wonder if those ITK who knew this before it was announced could be a little more forthcoming with information. 

Like him or loathe him, agree with him or not, the bottom line is Bullen is the manager and if Pendlebury has indeed had a tantrum then we're most definitely better off without him as dressing rooms don't need that type of character.

Aye if he’s jacked it in that easily then we’re better off without him. Fair to say that Bullen maybe didn’t rate him hence why he was dropped which comes back around to the question of why we signed him in the first place? 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Like him or loathe him, agree with him or not, the bottom line is Bullen is the manager and if Pendlebury has indeed had a tantrum then we're most definitely better off without him as dressing rooms don't need that type of character.

Every workplace in existence is better off without such characters. We've probably all met some.