The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Whatever happens, we need a full breakdown of the recruitment process and who has accountability within it. Bullen can’t take all of the responsibility - some of these signings defy belief, what are they looking at to think they could be competent players for us. 

The problem is that nobody is taking responsibility, owing to the club's unusual backroom structure. Nobody knows the hiring process. Bullen seems to think that Jesus writes the team sheets for him. There's a tremendous amount of passive voice used any time anyone is asked what is going wrong.

What seems likely is that Glendinning is responsible for the non-league strategy and then there's some sort of collective decision taken to actually sign people. Indeed from what McGeady said this actually involves the players. That should be a red flag considering that players have to get someone else to tie their laces for them, but so be it. This doesn't sound too unlike what happened when Falkirk imploded. Fixing that took multiple complete backroom staff replacements.

We’re living off the signing of two strikers who were a perfect fit for this league. Agents must be jumping for joy when their client, a nobody making up the numbers in the reserve teams of irrelevant English lower league teams, gets a call from us promising them a new start. Our manager was actually cherry-picked on the recommendation of a friend. What sort of serious club finds players and staff this way.

The playing side of this club deserves to go down for the ineptitude and complete immaturity it has been shown.

Well I wasn’t expecting much tonight by wow that was piss poor. Full backs aren’t good enough I think both McAllister and Reading are going to be first choice. Midfield was all over the place and I’m sorry but Rose is never a target man. I can only see relegation with that side as things stand. I dread what will happen next Friday.

Jamie Murphy is back for Partick game as he was in warm up tonight so that'll save Bullen for another 10 days 

Still think barring an 8-0 pumping off Partick he'll get first quarter but who knows, Mathie and Smith both in attendance tonight with Mathie looking like he fancied taking a dip in an electric bath 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Jose mourinhio couldn't get a tune out of that gang .

I actually think someone else could come in and do something. Nothing spectacular but we’d be safe. The biggest thing we’re missing is a striker. 

All three midfielders that started tonight looked pretty good, individually. They need time to gel but I’m also not sure you can play them as a unit as none of them look like they can play a final pass and ultimately this team is sorely lacking in creativity. We’re not getting McGeady or Chalmers involved enough. They should be able to play high and wide and trust that someone will get the ball to them. Think that happened once over the 90 minutes and all that happened was they went looking for the ball. 

The whole process needs to be critically looked at, I don't think Bullen is the sole problem but the tactics and decision making on the park is woeful. If he is emptied then it's going to be pointless if other things don't change.  The only thing I could really offer in Bullen's defence is that he's been quite clear in the type of player he wants but so far it hasn't been delivered.

We are signing players from the English non-league en-mass and bar one or two exceptions they either aren't up to the standard or they don't settle moving up here. I'm all for exploring other markets but at some point it needs to be questioned as to whether or not it's worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

If we do get rid of bullen who should we go for?.

Don't know who for the manger maybe Ryan Stevenson for his assistant.

Liquidate us and raze Somerset to the ground if this ever even pops into a directors head as a passing thought.