The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

What was the place like at full time last night?

Given the significant numbers who left when the third went in I'm not sure. I boosted with about 1 minute of stoppage time left and the final whistle went as I reached the car. The collective Boo was inspired given the numbers left. Dunno how long it went on for.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd honestly play Amarety at the top end. He's direct, strong and likes to run at players. Most centre halves at this level are strong and steady (Like McGinty/Aero) they don't like players running at them. Dowds & Amartey for me with Chalmers and Murphy out wide. 

I dunno what we do at the back though. We are going to struggle to win games with the defence and lack of cohesion in midfield. The second goal last night was typical, no-one challenged the guy as he just ran towards goal and shot from the edge of the box (that's how it looked from the SRE). 

Actually that sounds decent. Dowds and Amartey up top with Murphy and Chalmers on the wings. But we all know he'll persist with McKenzie and bringing Bryden on 😑😑

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

If any more comes from the "youth board" than came from the Burnley partnership I will be completely astonished.

At least four times in the Q&A Mathie mentioned the possibility of safe pyrotechnics as a fan drawer. To then pay for a goon squad to go organising a baton charge through the SRE is as good an indication of how sincere any of it was as anything else.

Fair point - the youth board were asked about how to attract younger fans. I doubt they suggested that. I’m far more raging about that than the result last night. 

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd honestly play Amarety at the top end. He's direct, strong and likes to run at players. Most centre halves at this level are strong and steady (Like McGinty/Aero) they don't like players running at them. Dowds & Amartey for me with Chalmers and Murphy out wide. 

I dunno what we do at the back though. We are going to struggle to win games with the defence and lack of cohesion in midfield. The second goal last night was typical, no-one challenged the guy as he just ran towards goal and shot from the edge of the box (that's how it looked from the SRE). 

Said it before last night and still maintain Amartey is our best chance up there. I’m not sure how well he will do, but he will absolutely offer more than Rose who is quite clearly another waste of a signing. 

It’s genuinely horrible to be proved right, but everyone was fuming at the central midfield recruitment - why couldn’t they see it! Then you obviously add the full back issues into that and it’s hardly surprising. 

I want Musonda to start, but I feel sorry for McGinty and Stanger with the shambles beside and in front of them. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Could someone share the club email addresses? I have the slo one, is that enough?

I've written a complaint about that incident with the hired goons and want to ensure its received.

info@ayrunitedfc.co.uk

Wouldn’t expect a response or acknowledgement though. 

11 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

That pish in the SRE tonight annoyed me more than the game itself. A third party security company brought in with sniffer dogs and everything. For a few young boys watching the team they love.

We are so in touch with the community though…

Most of those boys are there every week but for ones that maybe aren’t as invested that were caught up in that, I doubt they’ll ever be back.

Sums up the calamitous reign of this shower, papered over by a few construction projects.

Knowing that my £22 quid is used to pay for that shite rather than maybe helping a tiny bit towards the playing budget etc that I still naively convince myself as a justification to stump it up has made it a million times easier to make other plans for the day of the Raith game. 

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

info@ayrunitedfc.co.uk

Wouldn’t expect a response or acknowledgement though. 

Thanks mate. I'm not so bothered with them acknowledging my complaint directly.

A face to face apology for the young fan and a statement to the wider support recognising the error should be sufficient.

If they don't do so I'm cancelling my standing order to the AU500 club and would encourage other club members to do the same.

All supporters should put a complaint in. We cannot allow this to go unchallenged.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

A face to face apology for the young fan and a statement to the wider support recognising the error should be sufficient.

If they don't do so I'm cancelling my standing order to the AU500 club and would encourage other club members to do the same.

All supporters should put a complaint in. We cannot allow this to go unchallenged.

The fan in question is on the youth board as well so that next meeting will be interesting. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Apparently club have reached out to the fan going by what the mum has said on the sre fb. and one of the stewards who wasn't working last night said the manhandling of the other kids was to literally get one of the match balls off them that they were trying to get away with.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

With the cancelling the AU500 standing order, I really don’t think we’re at that stage yet. I only really think people should consider doing that if they are incredibly dissatisfied with the way the club is being run, I.E what Blackpool fans did with their owners. Do think it’s a personal decision but I personally won’t be doing that

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Comparing the team to Arbroath is certainly a bold move for Callum and Bullen considering a) Arbroath are a part-time club with the lowest budget in the division and b) Arbroath easily sworded this team a matter of weeks ago.

There are a lot of comparables though said it on here before.

The biggest one for me being us losing Nouble / Hamilton and you losing Dipo and then both of us by the look of it scouring the English non leagues to try find a similar player to the one we lost - also absolutely believe the players that were there for the title challenge with us suffered a bit of a hangover after it and maybe same goes for Ayr too.

On the budget thing I’ve no idea I’m not sure how it’ll work. I imagine we will be playing slightly less than FT clubs but with the caveat players can have a FT job outwith their football. I have always thought with our crowds we should be spending similar or more than FT clubs on players but I suppose that would be pretty careless in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

With the cancelling the AU500 standing order, I really don’t think we’re at that stage yet. I only really think people should consider doing that if they are incredibly dissatisfied with the way the club is being run, I.E what Blackpool fans did with their owners. Do think it’s a personal decision but I personally won’t be doing that

For me if the club don't apologise for the sniffer dogs and the treatment of the young fan I'll be cancelling it. 

We have to take a stand and as a season ticket holder staying away doesn't influence the club financially. It is the only leverage I have.

The only thing a guy like Mathie understands is money. That's a penny that only just dropped with me when watching the first two Q&As. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

For me if the club don't apologise for the sniffer dogs and the treatment of the young fan I'll be cancelling it. 

We have to take a stand and as a season ticket holder staying away doesn't influence the club financially. It is the only leverage I have.

The only thing a guy like Mathie understands is money. That's a penny that only just dropped with me when watching the first two Q&As. 

Would you bring back your standing order if it took cancelling it for the club to back down and apologise? Genuine question.

I do think they’ll address it as they can’t let this slide, whether they apologise is different though.

Bullen trying to act excited about the performance during a pumping :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not seen (but may have missed) any chat about Murphy doing really good work many times finding himself in a shooting position but Instead giving the ball to McKenzie and Reading, aye they'll score!!

😀

The boy Rose is not a football player, I'm not convinced there is any difference between him and Dale Shirkie.  Completely and utterly pish.  

Albinson is back looking exactly like the Jobber of when he arrived now Timmins is gone.  

Nicholas McCalister, how long must this go on!!

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Bullen trying to act excited about the performance during a pumping :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not seen (but may have missed) any chat about Murphy doing really good work many times finding himself in a shooting position but Instead giving the ball to McKenzie and Reading, aye they'll score!!

😀

The boy Rose is not a football player, I'm not convinced there is any difference between him and Dale Shirkie.  Completely and utterly pish.  

Albinson is back looking exactly like the Jobber of when he arrived now Timmins is gone.  

Nicholas McCalister, how long must this go on!!

Rose is a two year deal isn’t he?! 😂

In the club’s defence, there is always the spectre of having to pay increased policing costs if we are viewed as not being able to control the crowd ourselves using cheap as chips stewards.  That in no way justifies the behaviour of any individual stewards though.  I don’t believe for one moment the club has given any licence to them to manhandle people.