The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Was my first home game in months! And yeah agreed the atmosphere was like no one really gives a shit. Just inevitable we’d get best. I didn’t think we were actually that bad today to be honest.

My kids practically begged me not to take them. They didn’t need to beg.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

My mate at game said the Chalmers goal took the sting out of the atmosphere and was just quiet from then.  

It did to be fair, and after that we should have scored with 1 across the goal that Ridgers some how kept out. Armatey hit the bar and also had another great chance. As mentioned before we weren’t really that bad today

Edited by ecocme

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

My mate at game said the Chalmers goal took the sting out of the atmosphere and was just quiet from then.  

Speaking of Chalmers: if you're Chalmers (or Dowds for that matter), are you looking at this mince and thinking that this is where you want to be long-term? I'd be considering switching to shinty or something if it would get me out of my contract.

5 minutes ago, ecocme said:

As mentioned before we weren’t really that bad today

Yeah - that's the almost concerning thing - lt might be enough for them to decide it might be OK - could quite easily see us on here 2 weeks on Tuesday discussing taking maybe 1 point from the double header Arbroath and maybe scraping a narrow win v Kelty in cup saying "we weren't that bad, it might still click"   

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

II'd be considering switching to shinty or something if it would get me out of my contract.

I’m considering taking up deep sea diving. I’m pretty used to feel like I’m sinking. If Bullens still in a job at 6pm I might give it a go with no equipment.

People saying we weren't that bad today are obviously slightly swayed by the fact we scored and should probably have scored at least another, but defensively that was an abomination. 

To save our season, he needs to go and it needs to be now. Our home record is an utter disgrace, you cannot keep serving that dross up to people.

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

People saying we weren't that bad today are obviously slightly swayed by the fact we scored and should probably have scored at least another, but defensively that was an abomination. 

To save our season, he needs to go and it needs to be now. Our home record is an utter disgrace, you cannot keep serving that dross up to people.

Have to agree with this and ict could have easily scored another couple.

Thing is, it's the same goals we concede game after game. Too easy to get a cross in, marking is appalling/non-existent. We are not improving and that's the deciding factor for me. He needs to go. Thanks for the 2nd place finish but right now we are heading for 9th at best.

Another game missed and glad I did. Doubt I’ll be back any time soon. Bullen not man enough to walk and Mathie not got the balls to admit he’s fucked up and sack him. I don’t give much of the blame to Smith as he’s more or less just signing cheques, but he needs to stand up and act or it’s going to go severely tits up very quickly for him. 

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

So is the meet and greet actually going ahead?

Aye Charlie Albinson, Andy Murdoch, Logan Chalmers, Ben Dempsey and some of the ladies squad are in the hub now.