The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Wish we had a Friday night game this week to get it over and done with

Arbroath away on a Friday night, have you no decency sir? 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would quite like a macaroni cheese at Somerset now that I think about it. There's a whole stable of classics the club could tap into that are cheap as chips to make. 

They used to do a really good Mac and cheese at Somerset during the Roberts era.  The food stall under the main stand. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Wish we had a Friday night game this week to get it over and done with

Was thinking earlier we've only been on BBC once this season i think and they've just announced next batch of games and we're not in them again.

Was pretty sure they were contracted to show each club so many times a season, not sure if re-development of North Stand has anything to do with it. 

If they do need to show us so many times means we're going to be on a lot towards the end of the season for the big relegation battle run in.

Apologies in advance to anyone in Scotland who'll have to watch that

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Was thinking earlier we've only been on BBC once this season i think and they've just announced next batch of games and we're not in them again.

Was pretty sure they were contracted to show each club so many times a season, not sure if re-development of North Stand has anything to do with it. 

If they do need to show us so many times means we're going to be on a lot towards the end of the season for the big relegation battle run in.

Apologies in advance to anyone in Scotland who'll have to watch that

They show 2 home games per club…our first was the Partick battering - wonder when they’ll next show us…probably end up being raith or Dundee utd

7 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

They show 2 home games per club…our first was the Partick battering - wonder when they’ll next show us…probably end up being raith or Dundee utd

Dundee Utd game is still listed as a non night game. Although Arbroath and PT are midweek night games not on the telly. Fire the night games in the bin. I'm getting too old for that shite 

Wattoo's deputy rending his garments about how someone saying that people aren't true fans is perfectly normal pales in comparison to the second person (after a guy who registered yesterday) seriously repeating the SRE fantasy that Albinson is due to go to the third-best team in the country after having spent half the season throwing the ball into his own net.

Having now tried to watch the second half of that press conference now that the wife and kid are in bed I'm even angrier that at some point the idiot in charge of the volumes decided that the problem was that McGinty's mic was set too high.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Yikes.

It’s alright, you can still save it. Just refer to Bullen as Bald Gilet Man, infer that folk who drink in the hub are somehow sycophants and that folk who stand in the Somerset road end are one step along the evolutionary chain from an amoeba. Oh and refer to anybody with a less than catastrophic disposition as a “happy clapper” or the new WATTOO(admittedly a fanny). A Bangala joke never goes amiss either. Stick to these guidelines and you’ll be right as rain on here. 

I’ve stood in the Somerset road end for decades and while it does have its fair share of roasters I’ve also stood on the north terrace a fair few times and there is usually a fair scattering of Star Wars cafe patrons stood around it. Suffice to say they are as bad or good as each other. 

Just now, malkyshotton said:

I’ve stood in the Somerset road end for decades and while it does have its fair share of roasters I’ve also stood on the north terrace a fair few times and there is usually a fair scattering of Star Wars cafe patrons stood around it. Suffice to say they are as bad or good as each other. 

Aye, man. Sounds about right. 

5 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

:lol: this is absolutely true btw!

7 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Fair share of absolute roasters in the main stand as well. 

There is genuinely very little to be enthusiastic about on the pitch atm. A club quite literally sleepwalking into league 1 and perhaps mediocrity. A manager who’s clearly out his depth who won’t do the decent thing and resign, a managing director with his fingers in the ears who is clearly too deluded or arrogant to realise whsts happening.

We’re almost halfway through January without even the slightest hint of incoming January business. We’re still waiting on clarification on what’s happening with Chalmers/Young/Senga. Crucial we keep the 1st two or we’re in an even more dire situation

Wake up and smell the coffee Smith and Mathie before it’s too late. You’re treating the fans with utter contempt but hey nevermind you go into the hub and get some pats on the back. 

What actually worried me the most was when the game ended last week...There wasn’t even any boos - just dull faces and silence. Shows that literally no one even has the energy to care anymore, flashes of the 21/22 season here - and we might not be so lucky as to stay up this time…

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There is genuinely very little to be enthusiastic about on the pitch atm. A club quite literally sleepwalking into league 1 and perhaps mediocrity. A manager who’s clearly out his depth who won’t do the decent thing and resign, a managing director with his fingers in the ears who is clearly too deluded or arrogant to realise whsts happening.

We’re almost halfway through January without even the slightest hint of incoming January business. We’re still waiting on clarification on what’s happening with Chalmers/Young/Senga. Crucial we keep the 1st two or we’re in an even more dire situation

Wake up and smell the coffee Smith and Mathie before it’s too late. You’re treating the fans with utter contempt but hey nevermind you go into the hub and get some pats on the back. 

Does anyone ever say this about other professions?

He’s obviously going to back himself for as long as he’s allowed in to stay here. No one should be honestly expecting him to resign without another job to go do. 

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He’s obviously going to back himself for as long as he’s allowed in to stay here. No one should be honestly expecting him to resign without another job to go do. 

Aye I guess that is fair enough mate, it’s all on Mathie then. 

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I agree with your point btw.

Did Hopkin & Watt not resign?