The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

"A lot more solid defensively, which we have not been, which is great - to get a clean sheet. Fourteen shots and two on target probably sums it up - when you are down there, these chances they come along and the breaks don't go your way.

"We battled, we did the dirty side of the game really well. It was a war of attrition at times, but I felt we did enough to win the game. I'm confident it will turn and we are capable of climbing the table."

Utter delusion. We are absolutely atrocious. I just can’t believe he’s not gone. Smith and Mathie living in a different universe.

30 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Running just as fast as we can

Holding on to one another's hand

Trying to get away into the night

And then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground and then you say:

Hide contents

WE HATE BULLEN, EVERYBODY HATES LEE BULLEN. 

Wid. In the late eighties. I could be persuaded in the 90’s.

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

That initiave is the only stuff mathie is any sort of us at.

When it comes to football side of things he doesn't have a clue

And I don’t even think that will be Mathie. 

He absolutely needs to justify his role after all this. With every passing day I get more convinced that he is just a bluffing bullshitter. 

I can absolutely guarantee that Bullen will play Amartey next week in a game that doesn’t remotely suit him, against a team with a low block. And then go see, for him to be out of the team again for weeks on end. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I'm not sure even fans staying away would have any effect in punting him, not with the way things are set up now. Since we can only speculate on what's going on I get the sense that they are going to give him every possible opportunity to turn things around, and instead of reacting to how things are going they are going to wait until things are really bad and they have literally no choice but to get rid of him.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The thing is, if he'd walked previously then his stock would still be high. He'll end up never having another coaching job after this.

Dunno, he was at Wednesday for how long and it was us he ended up getting his first managerial job at. I'm sure other clubs who have a much more professional recruitment department, if they saw something in him they wanted, then he would have been snapped up before then.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'm not sure even fans staying away would have any effect in punting him, not with the way things are set up now. Since we can only speculate on what's going on I get the sense that they are going to give him every possible opportunity to turn things around, and instead of reacting to how things are going they are going to wait until things are really bad and they have literally no choice but to get rid of him.

I guess it depends on their definition of really bad…

For me we are there, sitting in ninth with the team directly above us having won their last two games. Inverness picking up points again, and Dunfermline with a host of players to return from injuries. We basically have everyone fit now and are still woeful. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I guess it depends on their definition of really bad…

For me we are there, sitting in ninth with the team directly above us having won their last two games. Inverness picking up points again, and Dunfermline with a host of players to return from injuries. We basically have everyone fit now and are still woeful. 

Well, we're not bottom, or cut adrift at the bottom, plenty of games left to play, and they are looking at how many points are between us and 4th. Maybe they are bringing players in this month and hoping that turns things.

Dicey strategy.

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Jordan Boyd lighting it up for Whittlets

I say he's the next Michael Moffat, get him signed

Tbf he's already appeared in the video for Somerset Boab's utterly honking new song, so he's already halfway there. 

Albeit the picture was supposed to be of Fraser Bryden, but let's not get unto the finer details.

I said a while back that the bad feeling was directed at the management but would seep upwards if things were left to fester. And here we are. Inaction is the cause. Off the park is a ‘’B+’.!On the park is a ‘no award’. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dunno, he was at Wednesday for how long and it was us he ended up getting his first managerial job at. I'm sure other clubs who have a much more professional recruitment department, if they saw something in him they wanted, then he would have been snapped up before then.

He can just about still dine out on his 2nd place (shiver) finish. Also, decent at karaoke in difficult circumstances. Stay much longer and he’s looking to Home Bargains et al for employment. Or a Sheffield based karaoke bar.

6 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Jordan Boyd lighting it up for Whittlets

I say he's the next Michael Moffat, get him signed

As one of my best mates, I’d be absolutely delighted if this was to happen!

7 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

As one of my best mates, I’d be absolutely delighted if this was to happen!

Aye he's a good lad, would he make the move if Ayr came in for him ya think? 

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Aye he's a good lad, would he make the move if Ayr came in for him ya think? 

I’m not sure, he’s got a good job and a young family, but I know it’s a dream of his to play for Ayr.