The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

We got money for Akinyemi, where has it went? Spent on who?

You didn't clocked the parade of puffing mess, 'luxury players' your club has tried to build an attacking unit around this season - and that most of you were frothing over back in August?Not to mention the wider financial reality that the Akinyemi money is likely only making ends meet in your speculate to accumulate 'business model' in the first place. 

There are many valid reasons for Ayr fans to slate their club's stewardship right now, but 'not spunking enough money on the first team squad, 2023-24' is not one of them. 

Just now, virginton said:

You didn't clocked the parade of puffing mess, 'luxury players' your club has tried to build an attacking unit around this season - and that most of you were frothing over back in August?Not to mention the wider financial reality that the Akinyemi money is likely only making ends meet in your speculate to accumulate 'business model' in the first place. 

There are many valid reasons for Ayr fans to slate their club's stewardship right now, but 'not spunking enough money on the first team squad, 2023-24' is not one of them. 

The excess was spent on signing 3 midfielders after 2 were injured against Morton and one fucked off. 

I would like to see evidence, and be specific, of frothing over the signing of Akeem Rose, Franny Amartey and especially Aidan McGeady. 

The club went on record to say they planned an operating loss as a result of the work carried out on the pitch. With any transfer revenue going towards the shortfall. The second place finish paid for that and the Dipo money was put towards the playing staff. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

People are obsessed with the idea that we are taking the cheap option by signing players in England when we’ll be paying for wages and accommodation. 

I don’t even want to know what Aiden McGeady is earning. 

The only note I disagree with is that we were frothing over the business done. Even Jamie Murphy, who has been excellent for us, was met with a fair degree of skepticism. The only signings we made that were met with a resounding degree of positivity were Chalmers and Stanger. 

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nobody was frothing over any of the signings. Chalmers maybe met with some at least not entirely apathetic response, but the rest were met with confusion and largely fruitless Googling sessions to find out who these non-entities we were signing were. 

The business model, such as it is, seems alright. Most of it’s coming straight out of the chairman’s pocket. We’re not relying on revenue to build the new stand, or improve facilities around the stadium.

It’s the hiring of shysters to make footballing decisions that’s the shiteshow.

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

People are obsessed with the idea that we are taking the cheap option by signing players in England when we’ll be paying for wages and accommodation. 

The only note I disagree with is that we were frothing over the business done. Even Jamie Murphy, who has been excellent for us, was met with a fair degree of skepticism. The only signings we made that were met with a resounding degree of positivity were Chalmers and Stanger. 

And I was one of those but I have to admit that Stanger is absolutely terrible.  

This also shows where the club is at now, clubs like Raith and Morton are getting 2-3K home fans at games and we are around the 1500 mark…Surely that sends a message…

Doubt there was more than 150 QP fans at Raith…So that’s 3350 home fans

Probably say there was 600 Partick fans at Morton and that’s 2.8K home fans right there. Morton aren’t even doing much better than us and the fans are 100times happier with the way the clubs run. (Have just checked and there was 900 Partick fans there…so that’s about 2600 at home…Which is still way higher than ours)

IMG_3365.jpeg

Edited by Tommy_ayr

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 maybe 3 decent players worth you'd think.

Plus we're paying him to learn on the job which is quite generous of us.

2 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

This also shows where the club is at now, clubs like Raith and Morton are getting 2-3K home fans at games and we are around the 1500 mark…Surely that sends a message…

Probably say there was 600 Partick fans at Morton and that’s 2.8K home fans right there. Morton aren’t even doing much better than us and the fans are 100times happier with the way the clubs run.

IMG_3365.jpeg

Raith are where we were in 2018. A strong squad and good signings early galvanising club and support, followed with good results early in the season builds a feel good factor and a togetherness. 
Morton fans are just delusional. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

2 maybe 3 decent players worth you'd think.

Plus we're paying him to learn on the job which is quite generous of us.

There is absolutely no chance we are paying McGeady two or three decent players wages! 

When he was signed it was said he wasn’t close to the highest earners. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

And I was one of those but I have to admit that Stanger is absolutely terrible.  

Aye same. I think he has a chance but he’s a young player stepping up and really should’ve been phased in better. 

It all goes back to the club taking far too many gambles in recruitment and none of them paying off. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

There is absolutely no chance we are paying McGeady two or three decent players wages! 

Must have missed that, you would have assumed he's on a fair wedge just on brand name alone.

2 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Just looked it up and apparently it’s 2,500 a week! 😂 

IMG_3366.jpeg

I don't think you can take those kind of things too seriously, but who knows, don't have the foggiest what kind of wages they will be on.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It depends on where his wage is coming from? Will it come out the playing budget or will Smith be paying for it separately given his off the field role? I don’t even think he’s justifying that enough to be here. Unless he’s able to convince a higher profile or calibre of player to sign for Ayr I don’t think he’s doing anything that one of our coaches couldn’t do. 

4 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

I seem to remember when we played Unirea Urziceni in a preseason friendly some fella stormed in, chucked his season book on the park, went ballistic at the dugout then left?

Have I dreamt that?

Back in the late 80’s/early 90’s I threw my season book on to the pitch in disgust/protest 3 home games on the trot. The third time, I set it on fire before launching it which sounds dramatic but it lost all its flame in flight and just smouldered 3 inches into the pitch. The third time of going into the shop to say I had “lost” my season book they finally told me that they knew I was throwing it on the pitch. I didn’t throw it on the pitch after that. I miss tearing off my match ticket from the old school books. And the heft that was gained from throwing them. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Probably say there was 600 Partick fans at Morton and that’s 2.8K home fans right there. Morton aren’t even doing much better than us and the fans are 100times happier with the way the clubs run.

IMG_3365.jpeg

Our budget is almost certainly considerably bigger than Morton’s. Especially when you factor in our massive backroom team and all the accommodation we’ll be paying for.

Imrie is competent and makes the most of what he’s got, and that’s going to be far more tolerable than watching our bloated squad not have a clue what they’re doing. Even if it ends up in a similar position come the end of the season.