The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Hursty said:

Be interesting if any January signings are honest in theirs:

"So *random ex Morton or Inverness etc player* what do you know about Somerset Park and the famous Somerset Road End atmosphere"

"Well Callum, to be honest anytime I've played here recently the atmosphere has been shite and we've usually come away with a comfortable enough 3 points so I've always enjoyed it"  

Quite a few of the Essex Sunday League Specials have been like "well I'd never actually heard of Ayr or Lee Bullen and I'd never been to Scotland before, so I couldn't tell you anything about them. I came here because it means I don't need to delivery takeaways any more".

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, the media coverage isn't a surprise given the club statement.

It's always fascinating when a business has a pop at its customers. I don't think it's helpful and if you really believe in #weareunited asking the support to turn on one another is perhaps not the way to do it.

Had they added the caveat around the behaviour of a minority of fans or something similar I don't think it would have exploded as it has in the news tbh.

Also there is no context of what is being determined to be abuse by club management. Very strange indeed.

IMO - the “We are United” thing has always felt like something they have done well in terms of the wider community. 

In terms of the fan base it has often felt like an us v them situation, for whatever reason. 

As you have said, the statement should have added a bit more content. “Minority fans, inappropriate messages or whatever etc.”

I have stood at the dugouts all season, and haven’t heard anything that I would remotely class as abuse. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

IMO - the “We are United” thing has always felt like something they have done well in terms of the wider community.

There has been an admirable attempt to reach out to The Community as in the people of the town - I've mates who have said their family members in nursing homes have had multiple visits from Bullen etc. But this doesn't come across on matchday.

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There has been an admirable attempt to reach out to The Community as in the people of the town - I've mates who have said their family members in nursing homes have had multiple visits from Bullen etc. But this doesn't come across on matchday.

The performances and results on the pitch haven't been good enough which is the reason for that feeling on matchday. 

Still doesn't justify any form of abuse 

My take on it is that the club have done us dirty on this.

Yeah, personal abuse is taking it too far but I think he actually got off very easily considering how bad we've been. A few 'GTF Bullens' and some 'this is pish Bullens' is 100% acceptable in my book.

If it's been more than just general criticism then it should have been followed up through the proper channels, not in a sacking statement.

It just smacks of defending their pal and protecting themselves. Suggesting he left due to abuse rather than incompetence is just mental. I get they can't control what the media do with info but you can't give these rags an inch.

It's done nothing to #unite the fans.

Hashtags can get in the bin btw.

It’s really annoying me that anyone who has reported the sacking has also said that it goes along with fan abuse, as if we were messaging him and screaming horrible things at games. I have actually never heard anything I’d call abuse at a game, might’ve see a few harsh tweets at him but that’s the minority. The club statement makes it out like it’s the whole Fanbase…

Edited by Tommy_ayr

Our chairman appears to me to be a wee bit thin skinned. Remember, the Todorov stuff when he sacked us off and Mr Smith had a big petted lip. 

Shit happens in football. Shankland fucked off us at the last minute to go on loan to Morton, imagine if McCall had a grudge against him after that…

5 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

It’s really annoying me that anyone who has reported the sacking has also said that it goes along with fan abuse, as if we were messaging him and screaming horrible things at games. I have actually never heard anything I’d call abuse at a game, might’ve see a few harsh tweets at him but that’s the minority. The club statement makes it out like it’s the whole Fanbase…

It's most definitely not the fan base, think it's mostly a fabrication to be honest. Yes, I went to shout at Bullen last Saturday, however there's a massive difference between telling him that his team are shite and getting personal.

As stated on here, he comes across as a decent guy and this will have hurt him more than any of the fan base.

10 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Shit happens in football. Shankland fucked off us at the last minute to go on loan to Morton, imagine if McCall had a grudge against him after that…

A few years later the same player essentially gave us our Jordan returning in '95 moment of euphoria (without the 3 trophies) when he easily could have walked into any Championship team and a number of suitors at a higher level. Football is full of short termism and grudges rarely do you any good. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Bullen must have shelled out for some amount of pints in the Hub given the amount of goodwill he's received.

He's left behind a legacy of alcoholics and 8 goals against triggering a hoedown.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxosAq3vlMH3_J5cT_P7mttIABwRJyolor?si=XtwbdCclhipTdrlc

Got me thinking of this :lol:

56 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's most definitely not the fan base, think it's mostly a fabrication to be honest. Yes, I went to shout at Bullen last Saturday, however there's a massive difference between telling him that his team are shite and getting personal.

As stated on here, he comes across as a decent guy and this will have hurt him more than any of the fan base.

In fairness, you could *probably* construe this tweet as being ever so slightly abusive 😂Screenshot_20240115_162827_X.thumb.jpg.d7d5041f30af1af04cf5cd7ee87d3248.jpg