The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Getting McCall to do all the community engagement stuff could be a challenge. We could barely get him out his West End coffee shop to take training at times.  Dragging him down to Ayr to do storytime at a local primary school just isn’t going to happen.

If we are going through the same effort as last time, having 4-5 rejections before getting someone in that fits the profile. The same issue we seem to have with signing players….then maybe we should look at how we (Mathie) are conducting business. Because no other club appears to make such heavy weather of these things on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Dragging him down to Ayr to do storytime at a local primary school just isn’t going to happen.

Sitting, smoking a fag with a GnT like Dave Allen, legs crossed reading James and the giant peach. 

I’d watch. 

12 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Getting McCall to do all the community engagement stuff could be a challenge. We could barely get him out his West End coffee shop to take training at times.  Dragging him down to Ayr to do storytime at a local primary school just isn’t going to happen.

This is just absolute nonsense. McCall might not have been touring every assisted living facility in the country but he is famous for getting involved in everything possible regarding running a club. As already mentioned, one very specific example of this in managing to hunt the media-starved clown that is currently serving as stadium announcer.

When he was at Partick my mate called the ticket office one day to find out where his Ayr ticket had gone and it was McCall that answered it. He now has a signed envelope.

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Oh buddy you really don’t want to be swearing at me , you really don’t . 

Got to be one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on here.

39 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This is just absolute nonsense. McCall might not have been touring every assisted living facility in the country but he is famous for getting involved in everything possible regarding running a club. As already mentioned, one very specific example of this in managing to hunt the media-starved clown that is currently serving as stadium announcer.

When he was at Partick my mate called the ticket office one day to find out where his Ayr ticket had gone and it was McCall that answered it. He now has a signed envelope.

I don’t see how you can argue that binning Somerset Boab is evidence of his commitment to our community engagement strategy.

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I don’t see how you can argue that binning Somerset Boab is evidence of his commitment to our community engagement strategy.

He made a great contribution by buying cigarettes from local shops.

I never saw Bullen buying cigarettes. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I know it's a low bar but compare the club's media output under McCall to that under the next two managers. I'd argue that it was better than Bullen's as well for that matter. But my main beef was with the idea that McCall somehow didn't care or put in the effort. His problem is the exact opposite.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Manager - put a winning team on the pitch.

Anything on top of that is gravy

Let’s not forget that actually winning games and playing decent football is a big part of getting the community interested.

Aye, I'd argue that the our wildly inconsistent form and ability to completely bottle every big game in the last couple of years (other than that night in Inverness), has been more detrimental to the general interest in the club from supporters outwith all of us core supporters than it would be to have a manager that is less interested in "community" aspects.

I'm all for community engagement and increasing the image of the club, but the best way to do that is by winning games. Fair weather fans may look kindly on the club if we're doing good stuff out with football, but I don't see them buying season tickets if it's clear we are rotten to watch on the pitch.

Give us a manager that knows how to win games.

Edited by AuAl