The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A thoroughly disappointing appointment if true.

Though did we expect anything more?

The stand out options were "guy who left Dundee under mysterious circumstances and oddly hasn't surfaced elsewhere" and "guy who left Dundee United under mysterious circumstances and oddly hasn't surfaced elsewhere", plus the manager of Clyde.

Worst case he'll be Kerr 2.0, which at least would be better on the eyes than Duffy 2.0.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The stand out options were "guy who left Dundee under mysterious circumstances and oddly hasn't surfaced elsewhere" and "guy who left Dundee United under mysterious circumstances and oddly hasn't surfaced elsewhere", plus the manager of Clyde.

Worst case he'll be Kerr 2.0, which at least would be better on the eyes than Duffy 2.0.

Unlike Kerr at least he's got a bit of managerial experience. Would be amazed if he turned out to be a Duffy.

Going by white's interview the players really are gutted at Bullen leaving. Decent interview and he speaks well but the bit about the players self-reflecting and having some accountability and if they could have done more for him....well aye.

We’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. In the one hand we aren’t wanting to rush an appointment and get it wrong however in the other hand there is only 10 days of the transfer window remaining. I know Mathie deals with most of the recruitment side of things but players are probably reluctant to sign if they don’t know who the head coach is going to be. 

It’s probably a bit of a balancing act for the club, do they think a semi competent head coach keeps this bunch up with minimal to no additions? I’m personally not convinced. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

image.png.4a13e2da61a062a1b3bc1c59b4fd8364.png

Also seven years past the cut-off date for assistants.

If this date of birth is a prerequisite we should look at the Cheshunt manager. Seems to be a character.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Going by white's interview the players really are gutted at Bullen leaving. Decent interview and he speaks well but the bit about the players self-reflecting and having some accountability and if they could have done more for him....well aye.

The thing that stuck out for me was him mentioning twenty or thirty times that failing to progress to the later stages of the Scottish Cup is simply unthinkable at Ayr right now. Sounds as if the very possibility of yet another embarrassing cup exit might have been the tipping point. Also hints that the owner is not made of money and that the club is factoring in lucrative cup ties.

12 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Will we get the new manager before Arbroath?

Doubt they’ll be in charge. My hope is they appoint someone early this week possibly in time to be present at the Arbroath game and in charge for QP. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doubt they’ll be in charge. My hope is they appoint someone early this week possibly in time to be present at the Arbroath game and in charge for QP. 

Agree, even if they were in the door today/tomorrow I think white would still take charge for the Arbroath game

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Have I missed something? A few posts have gone well over my head.

Unsourced random ITK said it was Brown, everyone agreed to accept this. Robbo posted genuine ITK that interviews have probably concluded. Nobody has apparently seen Jose Mourinho in Paterson Stores this week inquiring as to whether they have gotten any more Spring Onion Taytos from the cash and carry (sadly they have not).

Just now, No_Problemo said:

As is Zak Rudden. 

Rudden being a striker who has scored against Ayr at will at every single club he's been at would undoubtedly follow all other banter years examples by signing for Ayr for six months and scoring zero goals in all competitions. Then fucking off to Airdrie or something for a free and scoring for fun against Ayr again.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Rudden being a striker who has scored against Ayr at will at every single club he's been at would undoubtedly follow all other banter years examples by signing for Ayr for six months and scoring zero goals in all competitions. Then fucking off to Airdrie or something for a free and scoring for fun against Ayr again.

Be as well signing Craig Malcolm in that case. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cammy Kerr leaving Dundee…

As is Zak Rudden. 

Cammy Kerr to any one of the Angus based clubs IMO