The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

I think we’re pretty arrogant to believe McCabe would leave 4th placed Airdrie where the support love him, for 9th placed Ayr.

I don’t think it’s arrogant, and everyone is saying it’s unlikely given the current situation. 

However, you could look at us as a better project with more money and developing infrastructure for him to take the next step in terms of playing with better players. 

Or he could look at the state of our current squad and run a mile. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Is this not the boy from New Zealand that we were apparently signing in the summer…

IMG_2631.png

44% battery remaining at quarter past 2 on a Sunday?

I think he was mentioned during pre-season. Did he train with us or am I confusing him for someone else?

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Is this not the boy from New Zealand that we were apparently signing in the summer…

IMG_2631.png

Yeah, Bullen didnt fancy him. 

It'll be Livi away, another dreadful pumping in front of this incredible atmosphere: _132381327_20969448.jpg.c3d461e4b081ff8f466e38506cb5e905.jpg

Preference would be the winner of this afternoon's tie for the novelty, home or away.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

IMO, McCabe has shown an ability to adapt from what I’ve seen… 

Given he also comes with himself as a central midfielder and Fordyce as a centre back you aren’t then talking too many signings to make his style work. That would be a lot to do in January though, so I don’t think he would try and change absolutely everything immediately anyway. 

Still don’t see why he would be interested given our risky current position. 

One of the key features of this Airdrie team is they are inflexible.  Its why a chump like Bullen was able to tactically outsmart him twice by simply not pressing.  

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

44% battery remaining at quarter past 2 on a Sunday?

I think he was mentioned during pre-season. Did he train with us or am I confusing him for someone else?

Haha, on the new manager search!

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah, Bullen didnt fancy him. 

Guaranteed he will be a good signing for Motherwell then. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

One of the key features of this Airdrie team is they are inflexible.  Its why a chump like Bullen was able to tactically outsmart him twice by simply not pressing.  

The away game against them, yeah. The home game I thought they were much more direct, and really should have taken one of their chances. 

We obviously haven’t seen the best of them though!

Also going off a few different comments that he is willing to change at times, I obviously haven’t seen them enough to truly know. 

19 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

I think we’re pretty arrogant to believe McCabe would leave 4th placed Airdrie where the support love him, for 9th placed Ayr.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what anyone believes. We're literally just entertaining ourselves and this entire discussion will be forgotten as soon as someone is appointed 😀🤓

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It'll be Livi away, another dreadful pumping in front of this incredible atmosphere: _132381327_20969448.jpg.c3d461e4b081ff8f466e38506cb5e905.jpg

Preference would be the winner of this afternoon's tie for the novelty, home or away.

It's hard to think of a more disheartening draw than that away to the Toni Macaroni Dome.

15 minutes ago, kayemphoto said:

Match Album: Ayr United 3-0 Kelty Hearts

FULL ALBUM

Those are braw. Always funny seeing photos taken explicitly from the other side's angle mind.

Just now, Trogdor said:

It's hard to think of a more disheartening draw than that away to the Toni Macaroni Dome.

Still, puts the shopping in Ayr (which no longer even has a fucking Argos) to shame.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

Can see Rudden going to Raith or back to Thistle

Very unlikely to be coming back to Thistle. We play one up front and have Graham, Adaloye and young Diak all competing for that spot already.