The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Cammy Kerr has been made available from Dundee.  Wonder if we would be interested, really experienced defender in a position we are crying out for improvement.  Send Ahui back and bring him in would be a massive improvement.  Whether he'd be willing to drop down/travel would be an issue.

Scott Burns yesterday suggested that Inverness were in for him on loan, so dropping down might not be an issue. 

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

The big fermer did that to Morelos the last time we were up there. Was very pleasing. Morelos was then booked for complaining about it.

Just another reason to love the big fermer.

Can't believe the club are posting about tickets for tomorrow nights game. Does nobody check the weather forecast? 

Also can't decide if Bullen commentating on the post about Sean McGinty is incredibly classy, or almost at the clingy ex stage that needs threatened with a restraining order 😂

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

My last experience of Ibrox was when the whole of the front part of the stand was for away fans, spent the game seeing stuff getting chucked from the upper section, had to listen to the songbook. 
We lost a goal where the referee was in the Ayr wall pushing it back when Gascoigne hit a free kick early, somehow it stood. 
After the game, spent the journey from the ground to the bus with Rangers fans ungraciously celebrating beating a part time club like a Cup final win, despite one of their players transfer fees being enough to cover Ayrs playing budget for a decade. 
Did not enjoy. ⭐️ one star.

Indirect free kick as well

Also a Rangers fan from Ayr was caught in a bad smash on the old A77 that night, at the Eaglesham turn.  Worked beside him at Prestwick Circuits, poor sod was laid up for months after.

The game against them at Somerset last season was a joke. Was it 4 attempts for the ball to sit on the spot for Dempsey? I’m sure he said that if it moved one more time the ref was going to abandon the game. I think we’d have won that if it was played in normal circumstances. It completely ruins a game. I reckon the Tweet was probably scheduled for today before we knew what the weather was going to be like.

I reckon the board will make a decision today and announce tomorrow afternoon after the new manager has met the players at training and had pictures taken. Going by the betting, looking likely to be Brown. The other person I thought it might be is O’Dea, but zero movement on him in the market. Personally I think Brown would be a great appointment, as long as he gets the men he wants in to assist. We can’t not hire someone so that Tait etc remain at the club. It’s the nature of working in football, your job as a coach will never be 100% secure. 

Edited by Ayr23

4 hours ago, AuAl said:

The big fermer did that to Morelos the last time we were up there. Was very pleasing. Morelos was then booked for complaining about it.

I thought Jamie was going to get a red card because it looked bad. Thankfully he got away with it. Play on! Morelos went nuts and his yellow card put him over the limit and he was banned from the semi-final which they lost to Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

The game against them at Somerset last season was a joke. Was it 4 attempts for the ball to sit on the spot for Dempsey? I’m sure he said that if it moved one more time the ref was going to abandon the game. I think we’d have won that if it was played in normal circumstances. It completely ruins a game. I reckon the Tweet was probably scheduled for today before we knew what the weather was going to be like.

I reckon the board will make a decision today and announce tomorrow afternoon after the new manager has met the players at training and had pictures taken. Going by the betting, looking likely to be Brown. The other person I thought it might be is O’Dea, but zero movement on him in the market. Personally I think he’d be a great appointment, as long as he gets the men he wants in to assist. We can’t not hire someone so that Tait etc remain at the club. It’s the nature of working in football, your job as a coach will never be 100% secure. 

The market means nothing mate it moves when someone sticks £10 on anyone 

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I reckon the board will make a decision today and announce tomorrow afternoon after the new manager has met the players at training and had pictures taken. Going by the betting, looking likely to be Brown. The other person I thought it might be is O’Dea, but zero movement on him in the market. Personally I think Brown would be a great appointment, as long as he gets the men he wants in to assist. We can’t not hire someone so that Tait etc remain at the club. It’s the nature of working in football, your job as a coach will never be 100% secure. 

Farcical how that was even allowed to kick off. I remember whatever GK was at the SRE trying to kick the ball and it basically failing to go anywhere near the half way line. The pen attempts were funny at first then it just made a mockery of the refs decision to play the game. You'd hope the latest they'd cancel it would be about 3 to stop Arbroath having to leave on a wasted journey but after that ICT fri night farce I wouldn't hold my breath 

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

While I understand the sentiment and I will probably be at the game, I can completely understand supporters from any club in Scotland not wanting to have to listen to all their bile and hatred. Never had a nice experience there.

Although it's satisfying to belt out choruses of You're not Rangers any more. 

4 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Although it's satisfying to belt out choruses of You're not Rangers any more. 

While they claim it doesn't bother them, you can tell from the reaction it gets that it absolutely does.

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Just a few of the flags on offer that would create a total meltdown at Ibrox…

IMG_7511.jpeg

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_7508.jpeg

None of that pish, a simple Saltire seems to send them into apoplexy

The wind we have now is much the same as we will have tomorrow night, it'll ruin the game completely is it goes ahead. Unless there is a 50% drop-off - and the BBC is forecasting 60-62 mph currently, The game could be called off by 10am tomorrow morning. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

The wind we have now is much the same as we will have tomorrow night, it'll ruin the game completely is it goes ahead. Unless there is a 50% drop-off - and the BBC is forecasting 60-62 mph currently, The game could be called off by 10am tomorrow morning. 

Surely it must be game off!

Just now, bazka6 said:

Am I missing something? A lot of hate for one side of the OF.

We've played Rangers so much over the past 5/6 years so we've only really been able to direct it one way I suppose.