The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Ha! What patter was he stealing from them? I have to say i just blank him out a lot of the time. 

Good win tonight in awful conditions, great hit from Ben Dempsey and a nice finish from Chalmers, too. I thought Arbroath were absolutely awful to be fair, we will face sterner tests this season. 

Used Jeezy Peeps at least twice over the tannoy.

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Ha! What patter was he stealing from them? I have to say i just blank him out a lot of the time. 

Good win tonight in awful conditions, great hit from Ben Dempsey and a nice finish from Chalmers, too. I thought Arbroath were absolutely awful to be fair, we will face sterner tests this season. 

He said 'Jeezy peeps man' at half time, and upon receiving no response whatsoever, repeated it at full time. Bin him immediately.

Syla was outstanding tonight, MOTM by a distance imo

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

Brown won't have any influence over trivial pish like that no matter how annoying it is

Fairly sure that if he asked, it'd get fixed. Obviously the regime thinks this is absolutely killer bantz but an announcer who is roughly as popular as Scrappy-Doo is not going to survive that.

On the other hand, McCall did repeatedly basically yell at Callum to tell him to ask normal, adult questions and stop wasting his time, and yet Callum's still in a job...

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Fairly sure that if he asked, it'd get fixed. Obviously the regime thinks this is absolutely killer bantz but an announcer who is roughly as popular as Scrappy-Doo is not going to survive that.

On the other hand, McCall did repeatedly basically yell at Callum to tell him to ask normal, adult questions and stop wasting his time, and yet Callum's still in a job...

He's brand new in the door and isn't going to stray too far from his main responsibilities. He's got more important things to worry about at the moment.

Besides, if Smith wants his roaster of a pal to feel important by being the stadium announcer then he'll remain there till he gets bored

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You mean Celtic fans?

Was thinking we might get more folk attending our matches because we have Scott Brown in charge.  Probably more interest from the media (as others have mentioned), lapsed Ayr fans coming back,  folk wanting to see if he succeeds or fails, etc. Would not surprise me if we got some Celtic fans want to see him.

11 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

He said 'Jeezy peeps man' at half time, and upon receiving no response whatsoever, repeated it at full time. Bin him immediately.

image.gif.06b56285792c476bc3afd877278d53c8.gif

Thought we played fairly decent tonight considering the conditions. Tried to keep the ball down and tbh was just waiting the 2nd half as I always felt we had a few goals in us. Arbroath were toothless and probably as poor as I’ve seen them in a few years. 

If you won a game for kicking the ball out of play then Arbroath and in particular Boruc would be world beaters.

12 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Imagine Brown sitting there listening to The Fat c**t Who Wears Sunglasses In The Dark (thanks @Thumper) fail to land the same pish joke twice.

Be surprised if he isn’t negotiating the terms of his exit right now.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The Fat c**t Who Wears Sunglasses In The Dark

We need to workshop a snappier version of this for it to enter the public lexicon as BGM did. Night Sunglasses c**t, NSC?

30 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

1100 there tonight. You want this poor guy to be a success with Junior crowds!

In high winds and blizzards. Thank you for your interest in Ayr United Football Club.

34 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I assume it was the jeezy peeps pish at full time.

32 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

1100 there tonight. You want this poor guy to be a success with Junior crowds!

No trains tonight. Shit weather. 1100 is fairly decent considering most thought it would be called off at some point. The Broony effect will add several thousand once we charge up the league having pumped The Rangers 2012.