The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My take on scott Brown

And forgive me cos ive not been to games in recent years so my opinion is probably invalid or even pish

I think Scott Brown is a massive risk to his own reputation or to the security in the championship for the club

I genuinely fear the standard of player he can attract if its Fleetwood players on loan cos it will be ex Waterford players who are absolutely shite and played in same standard as WOSPL

If it isn't is it gonna be the auld firm B root option outwith a few notable sucsess stories that usually doesn't work

In my time watching Ayr they pulled in better loan players from Hearts so lets hope maybe Whittaker has good contacts in Edinburgh 

I did watch young Finlay Gray against Rangers in midfield thought he looked really good and might step up full time

Anyway nothing against Brown as a person or nothing and hope the appointment works out well

Cos fear if Ayr go down he will be looking for a job for a very long time

Was a Scotland player who quite admired shame he can't still pull the boots on

Ayr need to attract better players what happened to youth system your Teale and Conway coming through?

Edited by General dissaray

3 hours ago, mugen_power said:

interview is up

Graeme Mathie conspicuous by his absence. Did he really provide the quotes that were attributed to him in the press yesterday?  Is he on board with the appointment? Why has he gone from being the public face of the club to a peripheral figure? Was he in Dallas in November 1963? He didn't even get a name check in this interview.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Bullen was a bad manager

The crap form carried over into this season but there was no Akinyemi to mask the failings

he had made a total c**t of the squad building

he was a stubborn, unlikeable guy and he wont be missed.

Absolutely, 100% spot on. 

The media, "journalists", other clubs' fans just see the 2nd place finish bullet point, and are completely ignorant to the context.

The last sentence is a truth that many don't want to accept, but sums it up perfectly.

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Anyone else notice the 3 workmen still doing work in the stand at full time, are they running behind with it or something?

Looked like they were concreting floors or polishing concrete .prob a job that's better done after hours .though the guy in the orange hi -vis done f**k all but watch the game .😃

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I take it if you get a settlement figure on a loan, mortgage, car finance etc then you haven’t paid it back?

So every single person who has taken a settlement figure from a publicly owned bank is stealing from the taxpayer? Is that what you are saying? 

Just woke up to this gem!

Oooft

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So we have our manager, he wants 3 quality additions what do we need?  Feel we need more than 3 as we need a Left back right back centre mid and striker

While I'd like to see a new LB in as well, the other 3 positions are more important. Right back in particular. So vulnerable there.

From the outside looking in, probably the best appointment you could have made based on your circumstances.

You need someone that can inspire the players you have at the moment, because noone is going to be chasing them this window. An ex national captain with extensive (albeit losing) European experience from just a few seasons ago is just that.

Don't know if he's got anything to BE a top level manager, but you'll give him a good stepping-stone and hopefully get the benefit of he does.

I'm pretty sure he must have been given assurances that he can bring a few players in to 'get his ideas across' on the pitch, so a couple of decent upgrades probably incoming. That SHOULD pretty much ensure you move up the table into safety.

Is he the best option for you overall? Who knows, these things sometimes don't work out for any number of reasons, but I think he's the best available to you for short and (hopefully) medium-term.

It'll make the 27th Feb more interesting anyway - hopefully the new manager bounce has worn off by then!

5 hours ago, General dissaray said:

My take on scott Brown

And forgive me cos ive not been to games in recent years so my opinion is probably invalid or even pish

I think Scott Brown is a massive risk to his own reputation or to the security in the championship for the club

I genuinely fear the standard of player he can attract if its Fleetwood players on loan cos it will be ex Waterford players who are absolutely shite and played in same standard as WOSPL

If it isn't is it gonna be the auld firm B root option outwith a few notable sucsess stories that usually doesn't work

In my time watching Ayr they pulled in better loan players from Hearts so lets hope maybe Whittaker has good contacts in Edinburgh 

I did watch young Finlay Gray against Rangers in midfield thought he looked really good and might step up full time

Anyway nothing against Brown as a person or nothing and hope the appointment works out well

Cos fear if Ayr go down he will be looking for a job for a very long time

Was a Scotland player who quite admired shame he can't still pull the boots on

Ayr need to attract better players what happened to youth system your Teale and Conway coming through?

Suggesting that Gary Teale came through the Ayr United system totally endorses the point that you know nothing whatsoever about Ayr United. In fairness you do admit this in the first paragraph. 

In an ideal world we’d get a CB, LB, RB, CM, ST. Given it’s the last week of the transfer window I don’t see us getting all that so may need to settle for 2/3.