The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Rocco Vata on loan potentially? Highly rated midfielder at Celtic, being linked with Serie A clubs as he's out of contract this summer. Would probably go straight into the starting 11. Far more likely to happen than some names I've seen some Celtic fans saying should come to us like Forrest and Johnston.

Absolutely no chance he will join Ayr he could go on loan and play in Premiership put the AF links to bed even Robertson signed for Notts County think it was who he signed at Fleetwood 

21 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Rocco Vata on loan potentially? Highly rated midfielder at Celtic, being linked with Serie A clubs as he's out of contract this summer. Would probably go straight into the starting 11. Far more likely to happen than some names I've seen some Celtic fans saying should come to us like Forrest and Johnston.

Adam Devine is a great player but think he is on £3.500 a week no chance he would go on loan either

Bradley might if he isn't playing at Livingston much and Hibernian recall him he is really good think he is a Possil boy know one of his friends that played WOSL

Bradley signed at Livvy so would need to be a loan 7 games at Livvy this year

Dundee realising Kerr and Rudden you think would be no brainers at Ayr level?

Edited by General dissaray

55 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Did they not give him something ridiculous like a four year deal?

5 I think. He arrived injured and hasn’t played much since. They tried to shift him in the summer but I don’t think he was willing to rip up his contract and Celtic wouldn’t pay him up. 
A loan based on what we could pay isn’t going to put a dent in Celtics outlay to him. 
And I certainly wouldn’t pay anything close to over the odds to sign an aging, injury prone player that has barely kicked a ball in anger for the last 3-5 years 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

5 I think. He arrived injured and hasn’t played much since. They tried to shift him in the summer but I don’t think he was willing to rip up his contract and Celtic wouldn’t pay him up. 
A loan based on what we could pay isn’t going to put a dent in Celtics outlay to him. 
And I certainly wouldn’t pay anything close to over the odds to sign an aging, injury prone player that has barely kicked a ball in anger for the last 3-5 years 

Ayr can't afford any of them or the wages it will be U21 Scotland guys if he can swing it and maybe one older guy he has maybe played with who knows thumb maybe back from Mandurgh as a personal favour if he has his fitness

52 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Mitchell Frame for Celtic could be a shout, young left back who has been in and around first team squad for Celtic, made his debut v Feyenoord and is from Ayrshire I think.  With Brown knowing Strachan quite well and him at Dundee, wonder if my suggestion of Cammy Kerr might come off.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Mitchell Frame for Celtic could be a shout, young left back who has been in and around first team squad for Celtic, made his debut v Feyenoord and is from Ayrshire I think.  With Brown knowing Strachan quite well and him at Dundee, wonder if my suggestion of Cammy Kerr might come off.

17 though big Yflecko at Rangers is more experienced looks more like a left sided center back though been impressed with him as well he is in Bassey mould not sure how much he will be on

On 21/01/2024 at 11:23, Richey Edwards said:

A thoroughly disappointing appointment if true.

Though did we expect anything more?

I was out of order here. 

I did want someone with more experience, and was initially disappointed that we were going for someone with not much managerial experience again. 

However, Brown is an interesting and somewhat ballsy appointment. I always liked him as a player - he was very hardworking and determined. I am looking forward to seeing what effect his management has on the team.

Exciting times ahead!

22 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I remember thinking that giving him such a long contract was fucking mental. 

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was out of order here. 

I did want someone with more experience, and was initially disappointed that we were going for someone with not much managerial experience again. 

However, Brown is an interesting and somewhat ballsy appointment. I always liked him as a player - he was very hardworking and determined. I am looking forward to seeing what effect his management has on the team.

Exciting times ahead!

Good on you for owning that one... and agree on exiting times... choking to see what kind of relationship he has with contacts and who he's going to bring in to bolster the team

32 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Ayr can't afford any of them or the wages it will be U21 Scotland guys if he can swing it and maybe one older guy he has maybe played with who knows thumb maybe back from Mandurgh as a personal favour if he has his fitness

We can sign anyone who is within our scope and a 33 year old who has sat on his arse since 2021 while attracting zero interest from other teams is well within our grasp. Because it would be a horrific risk to take. 
McGeady was in a similar scenario when we signed him although he was played more frequently over the time period and he’s hardly been fit. 

f McCarthy was interested in playing, he’d have worked out a deal at Celtic in the summer. I’m sure he’s happy getting pain £10k a week to jog round Lennoxtown 5 mornings a week. 

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It’s not just Celtic and rangers that they will have contact in.  There hibs Aberdeen and Norwich. All three are known for having a fairly good youth set up so who knows where they will come from 

Read my first post on the matter mentioned Whittajer and his importance 

Ayr were linked in partnership with Burnley who did we get up?

So getting Norwich players up would say would be equally as difficult 

Also the po beeps actually play there young players but fair enough if they got any good ones who aren't its worth a pop but there are probably better options  around than them

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

f**k is going on here, has the eye trumpet made a comeback?

He's not suggested anyone from B36 Torshavn or Lincoln Red Imps yet, so the jury is still out

Edited by mugen_power