The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

i know we have a reserve game on today against Queen Of The South wondering to see if the likes of Sanders or Musonda will get some game time in that or not?

I don’t imagine Musonda will, as has played loads on top of all the travel. Obviously a good opportunity to get Sanders game time though. 

As for Stevie May, nine goals and seven assists  last season is a very decent return up a league.  

He was actually one I was thinking of the other day as he was round about the Scotland squad when Brown was captain. 

Edited by No_Problemo

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i know we have a reserve game on today against Queen Of The South wondering to see if the likes of Sanders or Musonda will get some game time in that or not?

No first team squad players in reserve team today , first full week training with new management team 

Celtic have knocked back a loan bid for James McCarthy from a Greek team because they weren’t offerng  a high enough % of his wage. Be I guess that ends that rumour for us.

Stevie May, much like Dowds in playing style. Decent return in the lower leagues, could be a Kevin Kyle/Craig Beattie type signing or actually be a good move. Hard to say. 

at the very least with May unlike Maguire he has still been getting minutes at St Johnstone and at only 31 i would like to think he isn't completely lost it but have to wait and see if the rumour is true my one concern is you bring him in and then you have Dowds, McKenzie, Rose and Bryden all competition for striker depending on if you stick with 2 up top or 1 would say your maybe best letting someone go on loan like a Bryden?

6 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

at the very least with May unlike Maguire he has still been getting minutes at St Johnstone and at only 31 i would like to think he isn't completely lost it but have to wait and see if the rumour is true my one concern is you bring him in and then you have Dowds, McKenzie, Rose and Bryden all competition for striker depending on if you stick with 2 up top or 1 would say your maybe best letting someone go on loan like a Bryden?

I had heard McNultys name mentioned today.  Seems we have a few names banding about just now, whether one is right I don't know.  Ideally one comes in and Bryden goes out on loan, somewhere like Alloa/QOS/Stirling would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s been done since about 2015.

Was at County v The Johnnies in the August and I couldn't believe what I was watching.  2nd game of the season and he looked like a pub player who couldn't be arsed anymore.  I don't think he was dialing it in to get rid of McLean either.

2 minutes ago, Tommy_ayr said:

So basically, they can’t be arsed…

Other clubs do it, why can’t we…

IMG_3619.jpeg

Basically "We can't be arsed, but come use the Hub and have a free pint".  Raith managed to have 10 buses go from their ground to Dundee Utd without any hassle.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Basically "We can't be arsed, but come use the Hub and have a free pint".  Raith managed to have 10 buses go from their ground to Dundee Utd without any hassle.

They wonder why we all want more communication. They talk about #weareunited when in-fact, most other clubs in the league are more United than us…

The statement is a bit ham fisted but the club could f**k up a free lunch so it’s probably just as well they aren’t running it. I’m not sure it’s a slap In the face though. 

They have asked for a volunteer to run them, someone could take names, money and book the busses and going by the statement, they would pay a shortfall maybe, and offering a starting point of the Hub. I don’t think that is unreasonable.