The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Many an Ayr fan has went In the away end at the plastic rugby pitch when the dkb's are playing someone else in the cup and we don't have a game that day. Good laugh sometimes. 

Only been in the away end there once when we weren't playing them, watching Eddie May's Falkirk relegate themselves rather than Killie. 

1 hour ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Is this the permanently seething guy who sounds like he's about to blow a fuse at every single home game, thinking every passage of play needs shouting at?

If so I Remember him being utterly seething even back when we had Shankland under McCalll and we'd be playing some lovely stuff.

Aye. Whenever I went to the NT he'd be blowing a gasket about something. Stood up at the toilets near the end of the game and he was desperately trying to catch someone's eye to vent about something...even when we were winning. 

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not guilty 

I don't divulge to the dangers of Facebook comment sections

Quite happy remaining a keyboard warrior 

I had to retreat from the FB pages. I'm not an angry person but the folk on there made sure my piss was constantly on the boil. I wasn't very good at letting it lie either and usually took the bait.

My life is better now I've left those helmets behind.

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

I had to retreat from the FB pages. I'm not an angry person but the folk on there made sure my piss was constantly on the boil. I wasn't very good at letting it lie either and usually took the bait.

My life is better now I've left those helmets behind.

I hate social media and removed myself from it (apart from Twitter, even at that it's just the occasional scroll) a few years ago. I am sure that the downfall and degeneration of society can be traced back to the advent of social media. It enables and breeds wallopers.

4 hours ago, Nelson said:

Honestly can’t think of any period in the last 40 years when the club paid for supporters buses.  I do remember at least one occasion during the Bill Barr years when it happened as a one off to mobilise the support for a big game (the relegation decider against Partick in 97), but otherwise it was always done by volunteers through supporters clubs.  The demand for buses seems to have dwindled through the years, perhaps because they’re being policed more closely now with more enforced restrictions on alcohol meaning guys would rather make their own way on trains etc.  Or maybe there is still a demand and we just don’t have enough people willing to do the organising anymore.

Whatever the case, I think the criticism of the club around this is plain ridiculous.  As has been explained ad nauseam, it puts the club in a difficult spot if there is bother on an official club organised bus.

Queen of the south away couple seasons back was last time I think the club paid supporters buses. Didn’t help that some Ayr supporters were involved in an assault and can remember all the buses being stopped by the police. 

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Spent a few hours have a spring clean and found a few old Ayr programmes and memorabilia. How many of this mob do you remember (or wish to forget) 🤣

IMG_20240131_171334005.jpg

Craig Pettigrew, David Hamilton, David Dunn, Eddie Forrest, Barry-John Corr, Mark McGeown, Murray Henderson, Jerome Vareille, Michael Moore.

No idea, Ryan Stevenson, Martyn Campbell, pass, Chris Robertson

Gareth Wardlaw, pass, Alex Williams, pass, Andy McLaren, Paul Weaver

Edited by Richey Edwards

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Craig Pettigrew, David Hamilton, David Dunn, Eddie Forrest, Barry-John Corr, Mark McGeown, Murray Henderson, Jerome Vareille, Michael Moore.

No idea, Ryan Stevenson, Martyn Campbell, pass, Chris Robertson

Gareth Wardlaw, pass, Alex Williams, pass, Andy McLaren, Paul Weaver

Mark Casey, David Lowing, Stephen Swift and Craig Higgins are the ones I think are missing  

I think I've been on a supporters bus once (up to Easter Road) for the first leg of the Cup game where we knocked Hibs out at Somerset (with Roberts scoring that infamous goal). I tend to make my own way to games. Given I'm not in Ayr it's not really something I can get too bothered about either way.