The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I know people have discussed Stanger dropping out for Sanders, but I think there’s a possibility of it being McGinty. 

Brown has spoken about playing football, as well as a high line - McGinty doesn’t have the attributes for either. He also described Sanders as physical, but also able to play football - which obviously replaces McGinty’s ability in the air. Obviously depends how much Brown is able to implement his own style with the players he has too. 

It'll likely be next season that we'll see the full extent and power of BrownBall.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know people have discussed Stanger dropping out for Sanders, but I think there’s a possibility of it being McGinty. 

Brown has spoken about playing football, as well as a high line - McGinty doesn’t have the attributes for either. He also described Sanders as physical, but also able to play football - which obviously replaces McGinty’s ability in the air. Obviously depends how much Brown is able to implement his own style with the players he has too. 

This is assuming we bring in a right back, and someone isn’t shifted out there. 

Realistically I can see stanger being pushed to the right and sanders in beside mcginty. Brown may also like the look of musonda who can play out from the back more than “I’m Sean mcginty- hoof the baw” 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Realistically I can see stanger being pushed to the right and sanders in beside mcginty. Brown may also like the look of musonda who can play out from the back more than “I’m Sean mcginty- hoof the baw” 

download(26).thumb.jpeg.c97e63b7aca1adbef151ad76fec1c92c.jpeg.ed8245369ce1cd570de4eff4eb612c6e.jpeg

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

So in the summer we signed: Murphy, Chalmers, Dowds, Stanger, Pendlebury, Rose, Amartey, Ahui, Young, Senga, Syla, McGeady, Mutch. Only 2 of the 7 from down south remain with us for the second half of the season, that is some strike rate. 

Young and Senga were short term signings for cover so it’s not really fair to include them.

2 from 5 isn’t a good rate either though.

24 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

You might have a point Brown was clearly frustrated with McGinty at points on Saturday.

I reckon he was more frustrated by Stanger’s defending at the goal…

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Queens Park had a free header at a corner and Brown went over to Whyte on the bench asking who was supposed to be picking him up. Whyte showed him on a pile of notes. All I can take from that is, Davie Whyte is a grass. 

7 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Who's going to buy a season ticket because of a new stand?

There are probably season ticket holders that maybe didn’t buy one because they couldn’t stand there but it will be very few. The new revenue is going to come from additional hospitality spaces  that will be available in the new stand 

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Stanger’s defending was fine at the goal. As a defender you can’t win everything.

It was a fantastic cross, that was inch perfect on to Paton’s head at the other side of Stanger. All he could do was try and get tight to put him off - which he did. A large part of defending is blocking off as much of the goal as you can and being a nuisance to put people off as ultimately certain deliveries mean you can’t reach everything. 

Brown was frustrated at Thomas being allowed on to his left foot to cross - as he said in his interview. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queens Park had a free header at a corner and Brown went over to Whyte on the bench asking who was supposed to be picking him up. Whyte showed him on a pile of notes. All I can take from that is, Davie Whyte is a grass. 

^^^ Scott McLaughlin

I'd hope it is Stanger that Brown is thinking of taking out just now.  He's one I thought would do well but the step up seems it's either too soon or too much.  

There is still something to work with there for a coach as there are some decent bits to his game but defending his own box needs a lot of work still. 

Edit: as said above you can't win every header in your own box, issue is it's usually him not winning them rather than one of the others. 

Edited by itzdrk