The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Brechin might make it back. They weren’t far away last season.

Would prefer them than chicken man’s EK side anyway.

Ayr, I can see Brechin getting back there. The likes of Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers and East Stirlingshire seem like lost causes 

Rumours that right back Ross Millen is to be released or loaned out by Raith Rovers. Supposedly a fallout between him and Ian Murray. Wonder if we would be looking to sign?

Edited by AUcal

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Rumours that right back Ross Millen is to be released or loaned out by Raith Rovers. Supposedly a fallout between him and Ian Murray. Wonder if we would be looking to sign?

would bring some much needed experience and give McAllister some proper competition and also would provide some extra depth in CB as well (seems he has played there as well)

10 hours ago, AUcal said:

He would be an upgrade for this season, but I think I would probably want better for next season. 

Saying that - I’m not totally sure what his form has looked like this season. 

For the league mathematicians on here, how many points do we think we'll need just to be safe in 8th? I would absolutely love to finish higher (not just for the feeling but the higher place finish £) but with such a rebuild required, I don't think I'd want that 4th play off spot. It's put us back in previous years and I'd really like to hit the ground running for next season, giving Broon, Whitty and whatever recruitment team we have, the best chance to build a strong squad. 

11 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

For the league mathematicians on here, how many points do we think we'll need just to be safe in 8th? I would absolutely love to finish higher (not just for the feeling but the higher place finish £) but with such a rebuild required, I don't think I'd want that 4th play off spot. It's put us back in previous years and I'd really like to hit the ground running for next season, giving Broon, Whitty and whatever recruitment team we have, the best chance to build a strong squad. 

I reckon we need another 10/11 points to secure safety in 8th, would leave the likes of ICT and Dunfermline needing 15 or so points.  Dunfermline away and home if we can get 4 points I reckon keeps us out their reach, we also have Airdrie and Arbroath at home which we need to get 6 points.  Beat the teams (or not lose) that are around us and pick up points against the likes of Thistle and Raith at home I reckon we'll be fine.  I really hope come Thistle away in the run in of the last 3 we are safe and Brown and the recruitment team can get down to planning for next season.  The reverse fixtures that we have left we've got 12 points from, that would see us safe IMO.

12 hours ago, AUcal said:

No. 

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

11 games to go so we basically need to win 3 of our next 8 games - 2 wins and 2/3 draws would probably be ok as well though.  

If not then we could very easily get sucked right in over the final 3 fixtures which are very tough:

Dundee United (A)

Partick Thistle (A)

Dunfermline (H)

With Queens Park And Inverness picking up after a manager change, Inverness picking up, dropping off and picking up again, it’s probably a good thing as they will take more points off other teams, we just need to match or better their results and we’ll be fine. 4 points out our next two games would be a start then head to Dunfermline. Positive results in all 3 and we could be looking up rather than down going in to the final quarter.  Negative results would be a pisser though. 

15 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Rumour seems to be he's headed to League 1, which is probably his level from having looked into him a bit.

Perfect fit for Hamilton 

What we reckon will happen with the goalkeeping situation given Mutch is likely to be out long term and Albinson form being sketchy at best. Are we likely to bring in a goalkeeper to be number 1 or even as cover as ideally you’re not wanting to have to recall Ecrepont or Fairns with them both being starters at East Stirlingshire and Dalry Thistle. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

He would be an upgrade for this season, but I think I would probably want better for next season. 

Saying that - I’m not totally sure what his form has looked like this season. 

From what I’ve seen of him he’s been decent. Always seems to be involved in raiths goals against us this season. But he has a major attitude problem. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What we reckon will happen with the goalkeeping situation given Mutch is likely to be out long term and Albinson form being sketchy at best. Are we likely to bring in a goalkeeper to be number 1 or even as cover as ideally you’re not wanting to have to recall Ecrepont or Fairns with them both being starters at East Stirlingshire and Dalry Thistle. 

my guess is a loan keeper to be number 2 with Albinson being number 1 till the end of the season (depending on how bad an injury Mutch has)

52 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

thats Lyall Holding away shame as he looked somewhat promising but there we go

I don’t want to be too harsh, he looked decent against Celtic B but he does always look very overweight. 

Raith (H/A) 1 point

Partick (H/A) 1 point

Dunfermline (H/A) 4 points

ICT (A) 1 point

QP (H) 1 point

Airdrie (H) 3 points

Arbroath (H) 3 points

Dundee Utd (A) 0 points

Morton (H) 1 point

That's my glass half empty, but realistic points from our remaining 1 games.  Like I said before, key games are the 4 home matches v Airdrie, Dunfermline, QP and Arboath.  Win they 3 out the 4 and possibly a draw, then we should be there or thereabouts re being safe.

ETA - missed the QP game

Edited by callum-ayr