The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Musonda will be a big loss if he goes in the summer imo. He’s been asked to play left back, right back and centre midfield this season and only looked out of place once against Livingston who are a league above.

He's stepped in whenever asked and patched up some serious depth issues with competent performances.

5 hours ago, AUcal said:

Loved seeing a member of staff getting sent around the sides of the park by Brown / Whittaker just after our winner, to tell the the ball boys to chuck the balls they were holding behind the wall. 

About time we started with some shithousery,we seem to never do it,while other teams constantly do it.

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Musonda will be a big loss if he goes in the summer imo. He’s been asked to play left back, right back and centre midfield this season and only looked out of place once against Livingston who are a league above.

He's stepped in whenever asked and patched up some serious depth issues with competent performances.

He is about as fast as a heavyweight boxer in round 12 mind you. Give me the fear at full back just not mobile enough.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I understand Bryden's usefulness off the ball but on the ball, he needs serious work. He has neither a real turn of pace nor a trick in him to beat anyone which essentially means that the best we can hope for when he's in possession out wide is a throw in or a corner. 

I know Chalmers asked for extra sessions with McGeady to improve certain things, I'd imagine that would really help him.  

I also think McKenzie is a better player for having played on the wing even if it was enormously frustrating to watch at the time and he's fairly similar to how he was a couple years ago.  

53 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

About time we started with some shithousery,we seem to never do it,while other teams constantly do it.

Totally agree with this! I've noticed a few things of late, I'd imagine are instructed by Broon. Loved watching Clarke falling to the ground with the ball on numerous occasions last night and take his sweet ass time to get up.... More of this please!

That Brian Graham is a moanin barsteward - ref should have booked him for constant gobbin off. Tomi not celebratin his goal was an eye-opener.

Lots to like (especially the result😀) but lots to improve on which is exactly where we should be so well done to Broonie and his staff for that - there's no way we'll be resting on laurels with him in charge - not that we've had much chance of that in recent times.

No Syla (for most of the game), Reading, Dowds or Chalmers and we still got a win against a team above us. Enjoyed it all last night, more to come.....COYA

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It makes such a difference having a manager who actually engages with what is happening instead of standing with his arms folded.

Never knew Bullen had arms

16 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Totally agree with this! I've noticed a few things of late, I'd imagine are instructed by Broon. Loved watching Clarke falling to the ground with the ball on numerous occasions last night and take his sweet ass time to get up.... More of this please!

Musonda told him to fall over 😂

15 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

That Brian Graham is a moanin barsteward - ref should have booked him for constant gobbin off. Tomi not celebratin his goal was an eye-opener.

Lots to like (especially the result😀) but lots to improve on which is exactly where we should be so well done to Broonie and his staff for that - there's no way we'll be resting on laurels with him in charge - not that we've had much chance of that in recent times.

No Syla (for most of the game), Reading, Dowds or Chalmers and we still got a win against a team above us. Enjoyed it all last night, more to come.....COYA

I get the feeling Tomi actually regretted his decision to leave us. I also think he regrets joining Thistle as Graham’s understudy 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I get the feeling Tomi actually regretted his decision to leave us. I also think he regrets joining Thistle as Graham’s understudy 

At the start of the season when our striking options were looking shockingly bad I'd have taken him back tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Never knew Bullen had arms

That's hair you're thinking of.

What's the story with Albinson? Has he signed a PCA with Hearts? I know he hasn't been up to the standard of last season but Brown bringing in a young keeper with very little first team experience and keeping him on the bench suggests there is more to this that two mistakes against Dundee United

9 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

What's the story with Albinson? Has he signed a PCA with Hearts? I know he hasn't been up to the standard of last season but Brown bringing in a young keeper with very little first team experience and keeping him on the bench suggests there is more to this that two mistakes against Dundee United

I think it could be something as simple as Brown not rating him. He’ll be away in the summer anyway. Clarke is out of contract and based on last night I’d see if he can be tempted with a permanent contract. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it could be something as simple as Brown not rating him. He’ll be away in the summer anyway. Clarke is out of contract and based on last night I’d see if he can be tempted with a permanent contract. 

Yes I just read that his contact with Celtic is up in the summer, so if he does well he might get an offer from Brown.

23 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I very much doubt that a Premiership club would be after Albinson.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I very much doubt that a Premiership club would be after Albinson.

I could see him at a bottom half premiership team (based on last seasons performances) however not a chance Hearts are after him. Gordon and Clark both far superior goalies. 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The past few mistakes has probably affected his confidence so Brown’s taken him out the firing line and brought in Clarke as another option

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are at too critical a stage of the season to be pissing about playing players out of position and making do. 

And Scott Brown didn't come to Ayr to eat his mince and tatties and play the same 4-4-2 every week.

The defence is a mess because injuries and dreadful recruitment have left it so. The manager could simply rack up a run of defeats and blame them on injuries, or he could actually try to manage his way out of it. Admittedly you're going to get more joy out of this approach if you get results from it, but you sometimes make your own luck.

5 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Didn't really get the abuse he took from some.

It's as uncomplicated as it is embarrassing, both personally and for the human race.

Edited by Thumper