The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Finishing 5th is probably ideal in terms of getting the season wrapped up early and focusing on both the team for next season and the opening of the new stand with all the razzmatazz and publicity that comes with it. 

Anyway, last season put me right off the idea of playoffs. 

I'd take paying off my mortgage over a vague unspecified sense of dread tbh. Also it would be at the expense of Morten, thus earning at least one point of revenge.

1 hour ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Left field shout, but does anyone think the new build will affect the wind flow through Somerset. That’s a few games recently where the wind hasn’t seemed that bad but it’s had quite an effect (had to google difference between affect and effect, may still have got it wrong) on games?

The concrete was in place before Brown arrived and even if he hadn't specifically complained about it every week it's very very clearly had a massive effect in several games since. The effect is going to come off the sea which the ground is almost perpendicular to. If anything two higher stands on either side might make it worse.

7 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I very much doubt that a Premiership club would be after Albinson.

I honestly think that was just someone pissed one night on the SRE making up shit and somehow it's gathered arms and legs to be "facts". I'll eat my proverbial hat if Hearts even know of him, let alone sign him. 

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Back on the Tomi subject, he has seven goals this season - a goal every 63 minutes, which is obscene. 

He's very good at this level. It's just a shame he's stuck behind carthorse Graham.

Edit - He's also missed some sitters according to my mate who supports Partick.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

He's very good at this level. It's just a shame he's stuck behind carthorse Graham.

Edit - He's also missed some sitters according to my mate who supports Partick.

Yeah my mate says he misses chances you’d expect him to bury but buries  chances you’d expect him to miss. Sounds like not a lot has changed since he left us

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Caught some spl highlights on the "dark web" and saw Sanders sitting behind the Killie dugout with the injured/young Killie players. He's had a busy two nights!

Get him out Sharn.

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Caught some spl highlights on the "dark web" and saw Sanders sitting behind the Killie dugout with the injured/young Killie players. He's had a busy two nights!

Football player in going to watch his parent club shocker. 

13 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Finishing 5th is probably ideal in terms of getting the season wrapped up early and focusing on both the team for next season and the opening of the new stand with all the razzmatazz and publicity that comes with it. 

Anyway, last season put me right off the idea of playoffs. 

Totally agree. Getting safely safe (!), then the changes needed to have a proper crack at things ahead seems sensible. 

31 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

Totally agree. Getting safely safe (!), then the changes needed to have a proper crack at things ahead seems sensible. 

Yeah, Raith got a lot of their business done early doors in May, so being in that position would be great.  Looking at where we are contract wise etc for next season:

Under Contract - Mutch (2025), McGinty (2025), Stanger (2025), Dempsey (2025), McGeady* (2025), Murphy (2025), Syla (2025), McKenzie (2025), Bryden (2026)

Youth Players - Ecrepont, Watret, Tomlinson, Donnelly, Guthrie

Offer New Deals - Reading (Not guaranteed starter), McAllister (As backup), Dowds PCA

Release - Rose, Amartey, Murdoch (Injuries done him unfortunately, Musonda, Smith

Loans Expiring - Sanders, Chalmers (On the fence about a PCA, think he would demand too much for us), McHugh (see how he goes from now till May, may be worth seeing if we could get him back), Willoughby

Leaves us looking at minimum GK, RB, CB, LB, CM, RW, ST as non-negotiable s in the summer.  Hoping McGeady retires from his playing role and focuses on his other role.  On the assumption Brown continues with 442 and McGinty isn't dropped.

New GK

New RB  New CB  McGinty  New LB

New RW  Dempsey  New CM Murphy

Dowds New ST

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, Reading, Stanger, Syla, (Space), (Space), McKenzie, Bryden

Ideally, Ecrepont, Watret, Tomlinson and Guthrie out on loan between Lowland League and League 1 for first 6 months to get experience.  

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He’s been at every game that you haven’t had a game. 

I don’t know about last night but when I saw him outside the Livingston game he didn’t have any of his Killie gear on (obviously not the strip I just mean the big puffy jackets that guys not in the squad would normally wear) which shows me that he’s fully aware of what not to do.

Edited by Sortmeout

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, Raith got a lot of their business done early doors in May, so being in that position would be great.  Looking at where we are contract wise etc for next season:

Under Contract - Mutch (2025), McGinty (2025), Stanger (2025), Dempsey (2025), McGeady* (2025), Murphy (2025), Syla (2025), McKenzie (2025), Bryden (2026)

Offer New Deals - Reading (Not guaranteed starter), McAllister (As backup), Dowds PCA

Release - Rose, Amartey, Murdoch (Injuries done him unfortunately, Musonda, Smith

Loans Expiring - Sanders, Chalmers (On the fence about a PCA, think he would demand too much for us), McHugh (see how he goes from now till May, may be worth seeing if we could get him back), Willoughby

Leaves us looking at minimum GK, RB, CB, LB, CM, RW, ST as non-negotiable s in the summer.  Hoping McGeady retires from his playing role and focuses on his other role.  On the assumption Brown continues with 442 and McGinty isn't dropped.

New GK

Dowds New ST

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, Reading, Stanger, Syla, (Space), (Space), McKenzie, Bryden

Ideally, Ecrepont, Watret, Tomlinson and Guthrie out on loan between Lowland League and League 1 for first 6 months to get experience.  

personally i would like to see Jenkins and Viviani to feature next season thou i think there contracts are both up this summer so all depends on if Brown see's anything in them, also got Feirns who's out on loan At Dalry, would probably keep him assuming theres a chance Ollie gets a potential big move, personally i would keep on Murdoch as when he was playing this season he looked good (thou would only offer a one year deal to see if he can absolutley still go) and same with Musonda i still think he's too good to just let go agree with rest thou

24 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

New GK

Dowds New ST

I think I would commit an Israeli style genocide if both Reading and McCalister got new contracts, they are minging and need to go :lol:

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

personally i would like to see Jenkins and Viviani to feature next season thou i think there contracts are both up this summer so all depends on if Brown see's anything in them, also got Feirns who's out on loan At Dalry, would probably keep him assuming theres a chance Ollie gets a potential big move, personally i would keep on Murdoch as when he was playing this season he looked good (thou would only offer a one year deal to see if he can absolutley still go) and same with Musonda i still think he's too good to just let go agree with rest thou

Reckon Jenkins and Viviani will go, Jenkins doesn't feature much at Gretna from what I have seen and Viviani has dropped form the LL to WOSFL so don't see him appearing next season.  If Murdoch stays then doesn't leave much room for another CM coming in, would imagine he would be one of our top earners.  Musonda again probably a higher earner and with Stanger and McGinty signed, we need some new additions in defence.

23 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

New GK

Dowds New ST

I think if Willoughby can turn in performances like the one on Tuesday night then we’ll have a go at keeping him. 

We said it last summer but we really need some players brought in who know the league. Without sounding like a broken record I can see Brown looking at McInroy. He’ll know him well from being at Celtic and I think he’s the type of midfielder we don’t really have at the minute. McHugh looks the closest thing to him but I doubt we’ll get him permanently next season. No idea what his contract situation is like though. I think a bit of a reset is needed at that back. Stanger has potential to build on and McGinty is a proven quantity (for us) so I’m happy for them being here. McAllister isn’t good enough imo. He has one or two games where he looks better but then has a complete horror show. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I think I would commit an Israeli style genocide if both Reading and McCalister got new contracts, they are minging and need to go :lol:

You're then looking for 4 full backs which I just can't see happening.  Chance Watret may be up to rotation/backup role, but even 3 new full backs seems a lot to ask for.