The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Chalmers doesn’t strike me as Brown’s type of player unfortunately.

When he’s on it he’s top drawer, however if we’re under the cosh he’s no the sort to do any tracking back.

Dont think we’ll see him in an Ayr jersey next season, so he’ll be an absolute stick on to sign for the likes of Thistle or a marquee signing for a resurgent Falkirk

Sure he got quite a bit of leeway from Bullen in terms of not having to track back so not exactly his fault. Unlikely looks like but hopefully he's here next season too. Can't just have a squad of grafters.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Could very well be true about McGinty, which is a bit of a shame cause I've actually quite taken to him, but there's a lot of others I'd rather see away first than him.

I have also taken to him but I also don't think I'd miss him very much.  

4 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Hugely concerned with Scott Brown and his erratic team selection. I never wanted him in the first place and I hope I am totally wrong but dropping Chalmers, Dempsey, McGinty and Murphy is wild, especially when you look at their replacements. We are in for a hell of a redemption arc when Bullen returns to save us. 

Maybe some players are carrying knocks ( does not mean to say they are injured to the extent of participating for a small part of game )

Good result today, but if we are going with the policy of dropping players for making one mistake that is massively risky IMO.

I'm all for having high standards, but it brings a huge amount of additional pressure on to players that's not needed.  McGinty in particular has probably been one of our best players this season and has led the team pretty well over the last few years, so that particular decision seems harsh (If that's what it is).

Either way, glad we got the result today. 

Edited by super_carson

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe some players are carrying knocks ( does not mean to say they are injured to the extent of participating for a small part of game )

A thing that would end speculation is the club actually letting the support know these things. 

3 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Christ that lineup....

This team selection is above even some of Bullen's odder decisions.

Dropping both Chalmers and Murphy is ludicrous given their creativity. Unless they are both injured and the club are withholding the news for the "not giving a competitive advantage" to the opposition tactic.

Good to be proven wrong, big 3 points.

image.gif.7a62c8f4451204b06d9e66d419d0c207.gif

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Could be a lot of folk reading far to much in to the team selection (me included), I'd rather we managed Murphy instead of him breaking down and missing last 5 games, McGinty and Dempsey could have a knock for all we know the only only one I think he's bombed out the team due to not fitting in or performance is Chalmers

7 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Could be a lot of folk reading far to much in to the team selection (me included), I'd rather we managed Murphy instead of him breaking down and missing last 5 games, McGinty and Dempsey could have a knock for all we know the only only one I think he's bombed out the team due to not fitting in or performance is Chalmers

There's a couple of folk who seem to not have taken to Brown at all. I find it puzzling.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A thing that would end speculation is the club actually letting the support know these things. 

He did say at press conference all players available, why would he tell the opposition in advance that 4 of his better players are not 100% fit 

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He did say at press conference all players available, why would he tell the opposition in advance that 4 of his better players are not 100% fit 

We never get any updates about what's happening injury wise though, not just the match previews.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

We never get any updates about what's happening injury wise though, not just the match previews.

Has anyone actually ever mentioned what is wrong with Paddy Reading?

Apparently we've only kept 5 clean sheets in the league this season (Albinson 4 and Mutch 1). 8 in all comps (Albinson 1 in the Scottish Cup and Mutch 2 in the League Cup the extra 3). Desperately need to sort the defence and keeper for next season