The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i mean we didn't announce our first signings last season till June 5th, season before that Dipo was our first signing in June 2nd so likelyhood is we aren't gonna hear anything till post May

forgot about Dempsey deal being made permenant was in May but point still stands we likely might not have any buisness done till post may unless we confirm some soon to be out of contract players have signed on (Musonda, Reading etc)

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Harry Stone's not going to Ayr as far as I know, and if he was it's very unlikely a loan would be confirmed before the end of May (though we did confirm Murray Johnson about this time last year - that worked out well!).

It's reasonably well rumoured that he's going to Falkirk and their thread has discussed it a bit in the last few weeks.

A QOTS fan said us or Morton could sign him based on Hearts wanting him to play at a higher level. A QOTS fan replied saying they were disappointed that Ayr were signing him as he was good. A Morton fan said he heard he was signing for them. 

That is the extent of Ayr's involvement in the rumour we are signing him. 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

forgot about Dempsey deal being made permenant was in May but point still stands we likely might not have any buisness done till post may unless we confirm some soon to be out of contract players have signed on (Musonda, Reading etc)

I would guess that the out of contract players are waiting for other options and are running the clock down on Ayr's offer, otherwise, they'd have signed by now. 

New signings, they will start in June based on expiry of current deals and being on holiday. 

This is all a guess. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Shame General Disarray got himself banhammered. He was good for a random made-up signing.

I hope you haven't just summoned him from whatever secure facility he is in with this post. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

A QOTS fan said us or Morton could sign him based on Hearts wanting him to play at a higher level. A QOTS fan replied saying they were disappointed that Ayr were signing him as he was good. A Morton fan said he heard he was signing for them. 

That is the extent of Ayr's involvement in the rumour we are signing him. 

Rumours, Rumours, Rumours , I think a lot will stop becoming rumours in the next week or two when teams start to confirm squads , very few signing announcements have been made in our league so far , Oakley, Stone, Crawford, Stevenson, Hanlon , Witherspoon to name a few rumoured to be signing  for clubs in our league and none confirmed by any of the reported clubs 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would guess that the out of contract players are waiting for other options and are running the clock down on Ayr's offer, otherwise, they'd have signed by now. 

New signings, they will start in June based on expiry of current deals and being on holiday. 

This is all a guess. 

Puts to bed, any alleged bonus to not being involved in playoffs and able to get stuck straight in. Be as well in play offs, making more money and using these players that all seem to be unused for the full of May, since nothing happens until June 🙄😴

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Rumours, Rumours, Rumours , I think a lot will stop becoming rumours in the next week or two when teams start to confirm squads , very few signing announcements have been made in our league so far , Oakley, Stone, Crawford, Stevenson, Hanlon , Witherspoon to name a few rumoured to be signing  for clubs in our league and none confirmed by any of the reported clubs 

You said a week or two... a week or two ago.....

12 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

We’re just a million miles in front of you. Same size town, massive difference in club size and history. 

Yet Ayr United Football Club continue to live rent free in your head so who’s the real winner here? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Shame General Disarray got himself banhammered. He was good for a random made-up signing.

To help with your nostalgia, I googled ‘random footballer highlights’ and this c**t came up, so here’s a clip of a guy who you should definitely sign.

I won’t be doing this another 20 or 30 times though, so it’s not quite the full experience. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To help with your nostalgia, I googled ‘random footballer highlights’ and this c**t came up, so here’s a clip of a guy who you should definitely sign.

I won’t be doing this another 20 or 30 times though, so it’s not quite the full experience. 

Looks like the kind of striker we've been missing.

Get him signed.

26 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

We’re just a million miles in front of you. 

Most people on this thread will be cheered by the notion that Kilmarnock is a million miles away. 

Two generations of Ayr supporters have never seen their team in the top league. No Ayr supporter in history has seen them win a major trophy. No town of a similar size has such an abject record. Even new clubs like ICT and Livi have won a major trophy. Absolute tinpot. 

According to a Lanarkshire Live article Ourselves, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers have been linked with Lewis Smith at Accies. Livingston appear to be in pole position though 

52 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

We’re just a million miles in front of you. Same size town, massive difference in club size and history. 

Dead factory town full of hair and beauty shops, with a club that begged a tax payer owned bank not to wipe them off the face of the earth and lucked out. Sevco, but without the administration - and never forget it, pal 😊