The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Makes me think he  considers Rus as a CM/CAM rather then a winger thou I would like for Tomlinson to get game time out in either league 1 or 2 would do him some good

League one is 100% his level I would say at this point 

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Makes me think he  considers Rus as a CM/CAM rather then a winger thou I would like for Tomlinson to get game time out in either league 1 or 2 would do him some good

Yeah could easily do a job somewhere in league 1. Get him with Murphy at QOS. 

Loving the signings and especially the timing of them - squad looks strong already and Broonie and Whittaker are not the kind to rest on laurels. More signings to come.

I reckon young McRoberts could spring a surprise or two, even if it's off the bench - saw enough to suggest he could be a real find.

PS Good luck big Sean wherever you end up.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Money isn't limitless, it is not Chalmers.  

Would be quite happy for it to be a bit of a punt not a first name on the team sheet kind of player, Murphy has been class but will be 35 in August and was replaced after the 60th minute in most games last year get some one in who can come off the bench and make an impact and eventually take over from Murphy 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah could easily do a job somewhere in league 1. Get him with Murphy at QOS. 

Could he though?

So far he has shown that he can drive well with the ball directly into space at RWB, but is poor defensively.  He can put the odd good cross in from deep, but is very raw in terms of final ball etc and seems to struggle playing at right midfield as he only really has that directness and can’t stand up an opponent and get by them. 

So, you are talking about a very specific system he could do something in right now. I think he is probably looking at league two at the moment!

If were wanting to develop him as a wingback then league 2 for certain if he’s going out to just be a winger/wide midfielder then I reckon he’s good enough for league 1

Think Tomlinson moves like a quick centre back, not sure he'll be able to be a winger at this level unless he's able to loosen up a bit.  Still very raw, I'd we could get him to a team not fighting relegation in League Two it would do him really well.  

Wouldn't trust McCall with him though. 

3 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

That’s a great signing for Ayr.  Most Dundee Utd fans were surprised to see him leave.  I thought he’d have gone to a bigger club to be honest.  

There are no bigger clubs than Ayr United.

I can see Bryden and McKenzie having limited game time this season. McKenzie won’t improve beyond what he is so maybe best if he leaves for more game time. Could easily do a job in League 1. Bryden is maybe worth a loan spell to see how he gets on. I’d be hanging onto McRoberts as his goal against Dunfermline is already better striker play than Bryden and McKenzie put together. I think he could be worth a few goals this season. 

11 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone heading up to Falkirk on 27th for the John Sludden trophy final?

I will as I will not get to the other friendly or the derby. 

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

If we were to bring in both McMann and Ashcroft, then a back 4 of Stanger-Ashcroft-Musonda-McMann with Reading and McAllister benched. Would not be against going for Corr as well who was rejected a contract from Raith. 

Led to believe Ashcroft is still a possibility.

If McMann does end up playing full back I'll be the first to hold my hands up as i never thought we would go after someone else in addition to Reading. 

It will be interesting to see how we set up as we have quite a bit of flexibility in the back four with Musonda, McAllister & Stranger all having played in a number of positions.

Just now, Shibuya said:

If McMann does end up playing full back I'll be the first to hold my hands up as i never thought we would go after someone else in addition to Reading. 

It will be interesting to see how we set up as we have quite a bit of flexibility in the back four with Musonda, McAllister & Stranger all having played in a number of positions.

Going by his signing interview he doesn't sound like he's expecting to play center back