The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think realistically now, any centre half or right back signing will be gamble, I can’t think of anyone reputable left on a free, unless Dundee United or Ross County or St Johnstone get an upgrade and want to move folk out the door before the season starts, we are looking at an English based/loan signing. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Not sure if we have any young centre mids or defenders in the youth setup ready or if we will have any trialists for the game

We do have a couple of under 18s who could be in that being said the ones that I highlighted all mostly left along with Shaun Donnelly that being said there’s maybe 2 defenders and one centre mid I could see maybe feature in the friendles 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think realistically now, any centre half or right back signing will be gamble, I can’t think of anyone reputable left on a free, unless Dundee United or Ross County or St Johnstone get an upgrade and want to move folk out the door before the season starts, we are looking at an English based/loan signing. 

I think we will be a CH and CM and done for the window, unless anyone else was to move on.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I think we will be a CH and CM and done for the window, unless anyone else was to move on.

Yeah, Centre half isn’t a priority because we have 4 folk who are capable of playing there if required. 

it’ll become one really quick when you consider the defence is made up of McCallister who is partial to missing a game or two, Reading who is just back from 6 months out and Musonda. 

6 hours ago, railwayend said:

Fixtures announced tomorrow? Who do we want to open up with ? Thistle at home for me ! Another bumper crowd .

I would love Ayr away on the opening day. A proper stand opening with two clubs of a similar ilk going at it hammer and tongs for 90 minutes. I would be there like a shot and you Ayr lads can ignore that Celtic "glamour friendly" pish. 

1 minute ago, Walter said:

I would love Ayr away on the opening day. A proper stand opening with two clubs of a similar ilk going at it hammer and tongs for 90 minutes. I would be there like a shot and you Ayr lads can ignore that Celtic "glamour friendly" pish. 

I'll no be at the Celtic friendly but I'd hardly be buzzing to see Partick Thistle who we have played 10 times in the last two seasons :lol: