The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Another unknown player I think the one inbetween Rus and Watret 

IMG_9436.jpeg

The one at the front on the left I don’t recognise either or the one behind him. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

The one at the front on the left I don’t recognise either or the one behind him. 

I believe the front is Rus since it was established he was number 23

Other than other fans slaggings, I don't see why there is so much hate for McGeady. he's playing about as much as his age and ability allows, which has amounted to about two hours of football last season and a couple of goals. He's not the anti-Christ. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Other than other fans slaggings, I don't see why there is so much hate for McGeady. he's playing about as much as his age and ability allows, which has amounted to about two hours of football last season and a couple of goals. He's not the anti-Christ. 

I think the consensus from most fans is that he’s very much past it and a waste of a wage, I feel if he wasn’t also having a role off the pitch I would feel the same but as long as he’s doing his job behind the scenes I don’t mind him being a veteran player to help give the youths some ideas and being an impact sub 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He got more goals last season than I expected, to be fair. His legs are long gone though, I'm surprised he's playing on this season. I'd expect that he'd be used as backup in emergencies when the inevitable injury crisis occurs.

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He got more goals last season than I expected, to be fair. His legs are long gone though, I'm surprised he's playing on this season. I'd expect that he'd be used as backup in emergencies when the inevitable injury crisis occurs.

The idea that there would be an injury crisis and McGeady would be one of the healthy ones strikes me as a niche scenario.

Tbf with McGeady I'm not sure how much of a pre-season he got last year.

Maybe with a full one this year it might help him going into the season. 

Still not expecting him to be the player of 10 years ago mind you 

15 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I think the consensus from most fans is that he’s very much past it and a waste of a wage, I feel if he wasn’t also having a role off the pitch I would feel the same but as long as he’s doing his job behind the scenes I don’t mind him being a veteran player to help give the youths some ideas and being an impact sub 

Yeah this is it exactly. He’s perceived as being a Chris McGuire style wage thief.

Im pretty sure he’s not here for the money.

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would be looking for numbers in his hairline to double check that last comment...

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Google has the first home league game as a Fri night game. My enthusiasm for night games has well and truly wained 🤢

It is. It's on BBC Scotland.